(Closed) Show me your $1000 or less dress!! Post who makes it/price to help other bees!

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 92
154 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - City, State

notsosimplefate:  I’d love to see photos after you go in to try on the other slip!  You’re absolutely right…this gown’s ivory is very similar to white, so you should still have your pop in photos!  Your location looks beautiful!

Post # 93
426 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2016 - Temescal Lake House

Do dresses from a sample sale count? If so here is my Essence of Australia gown. $850 (before taxes and alterations) regular price $1450. I LOVE sample sales! I got to take my dress home that day and snagged 2 bridesmaids dresses for $20 a piece! 

Post # 94
86 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

So many beautiful dresses for under $1000. 

Post # 95
615 posts
Busy bee

I bought my dress off the rack for $226! We just got married and are reviewing the pictures so that’s why there is a logo.

Post # 96
143 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

I have no idea who this dress is by (if someone knows please help me out) it was originally $1799 but I got it for $720 ( crappy picture I quickly put it back on so we could take a pic before we left )

Post # 97
31 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2016

Got my dress for $150 🙂

Post # 98
685 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
janeruby :  very nice. Who makes this and where did you get it ?

Post # 98
99 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
sarahabee :  I just ordered the same dress for my beach wedding! It arrives wednesday and I am so excited!  I was even thinking about adding a belt or some embellishment to the waist area, but looks like it might be difficult given that the fabric does not run horizontally.

Post # 99
350 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

View original reply
futremrswhite17 :  My dress (I recently found out – thanks Bees for the help!) is a Maggie Sottero Vogue from 2009. I got it for, essentially, $200 because I went through a cancer foundation in my area that had dresses from a bridal shop that went out of business and they were getting rid of them for a minimum $50 donation to the cancer foundation. I got two Maggie Sotteros and donated $200. It was a steal and I wish I could have donated more.

I see so many social media groups (__your city here___ Brideslist) that sell their gowns for cheap. Good luck everyone! 🙂

Post # 100
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2017 - Grand Sunset Princess, Riviera Maya, Mexico

View original reply
packpartyof1 :  Here are some photos of two belts that I tried on for reference. The pics are terrible but it should give you an idea.

Post # 101
27 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2017 - Church/Hotel

definately the sparkly one! 

Post # 102
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2017 - Grand Sunset Princess, Riviera Maya, Mexico

View original reply
21p1eco :  Really? I was leaning towards the flower one… shoot!

Post # 103
27 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2017 - Church/Hotel

yes but i love thin sparkly belts, i think it looks great, but its your dress, and choice 🙂 x

Post # 104
2943 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Mine was a Casablanca 1938, I got the dress and veil for $300 from a discount bridal store that was going out of business.  I don’t have any pictures on this computer of me in the dress on my wedding day, I had it taken in just a bit in the bust to keep the girls in place. 

This was literally the ONLY plain satin dress I could find after going to numerous big bridal stores, and it was in my size (12) so I realllllyy lucked out! 

IMG_20130126_130849IMG_20130126_130938_1

Post # 105
239 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2019 - .

View original reply
janeruby :  Gorgeous!! How is that dress only $150?

The topic ‘Show me your $1000 or less dress!! Post who makes it/price to help other bees!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors