(Closed) Show Me Your $2000 or Less Engagement Rings! :)

posted 6 years ago in Rings
Post # 36
868 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@Chicagochic:  Thank you! 🙂

@meagancecelia23:  Nope, no problems with it at all 🙂 Moissanite really is quite beautiful in person.  It’s my dream ring 🙂

@MissSweetiepie:  Thank you! I got the setting as a semi-mount (included all the small diamonds but no center stone) from a jeweler who actually has a store on Ebay.  He made a custom mold for me and was super nice and efficient.  He was even willing to make a custom mold from any picture I gave him as inspiration.  He now sells my ring in his store for around $850 I think.  He seriously made my dream ring come true!

Post # 37
407 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

1400$ 

1.4ct Morganite, 0.75ct diamonds in the halo/band.

Post # 38
133 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@meagancecelia23:  I highly recommend moissanite if you like the look of diamonds that are at least 1 ct and your budget is $2,000.  I just had it cleaned today at my jeweler and I almost died it’s so sparkly.  No regrets going with moissanite!  I recommend getting your dream setting, custom or otherwise, and putting a moissy in it.

In certain lighting moissy turns buttery yellow, but what I have to remind myself is that diamonds don’t always look their best all the time either!  Even with the diamond I had before, there were certain lighting situations where it didn’t sparkle as much or became steely gray, just like with moissanite!  And at the smaller size, there was more eye straining and hand twisting to get it to shine as I was admiring it.

Post # 39
1734 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

My e-ring with my wedding band. My e-ring was $2000 and it’s 1 ct tw.

Post # 40
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Just got my ering and enhancer the other day. Ering was 1000 from bluenile the stone is .39ct and enhancer 1/4ct 700 from zales.  Im a firm believer that you dont have to spend alot to have a beautiful ring.

Post # 41
3101 posts
Sugar bee

@meagancecelia23:  

MoissaniteCo eng689 in Palladium with a 1.25c Classic/unenhanced Moissanite in size 6.5. Around $800.

Post # 42
6226 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

@Duncan:  do you by chance have a hand shot of your fi with this lovely??

Post # 43
6226 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

@luckylady11:  wow that looks so much bigger than .39!! Excellent choice!!

Post # 44
2923 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 1996

@sommertime:  Your ring is AMAZING. I could look at these pics forever.

Post # 45
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2015

mine was within ur budget, custom made, center is 0.5ct, the rest makes up another 0.5ct. White gold and diamond. cut, colour and clarity are all pretty good so didnt realy sacrifice for carat size.

Post # 46
1341 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@meagancecelia23:  1.25 ct Amora moissanite gemstone, in platinum. I also originally liked halo styles but when I tried them on in person I didn’t like them as much. 

There’s a lot of controversy on this website about comparing moissanite to diamonds, just FYI, but that said the two different gemstones really do look incredibly similar, if not identical. My husband and I bought moissanite specifically because it is a different gemstone, cost was not an issue (we could have afforded a 1.25 ct diamond), and I was almost disappointed at how identical it is to a high-quality diamond. Two of my close girlfriends each have 1.5 ct and 2 ct diamonds, and we’ve compared our rings extensively, there is no difference. Except the moissanite is physically superior, in terms of durability/sparkle, but of course you can’t really see that with the naked eye!

Anyway go try on some different styles, it’s super fun to ring shop!

The topic ‘Show Me Your $2000 or Less Engagement Rings! :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors