(Closed) Show me your $500 Engagement Ring!

posted 6 years ago in Rings
Post # 16
79 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

Congratulations!

If you want moissanite, you can get a really good ring from Joseph Schubach’s for something around $500 depending on what kind of moissanite and what size stone you choose. I got my solitaire from them and they are fantastic jewelers!

http://shopping.schubachstore.com/Style-645-Classic-Tiffany-Style-Round-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring

And, on diamondbistro.com they always seem to have very nice solitaires for reasonable prices.

Post # 17
2185 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

Mine was a smidge under 500. Blue topaz in a diamond halo. 

Post # 19
4097 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

View original reply
missyjiffy:  $385.  Vintage  .24ct fancy light yellow VS1 OEC in white and yellow gold. .06ct of side diamonds. 

Post # 20
21 posts
Newbee

View original reply
warriorprincess:  Your ring is so unique and intriguing! I have never seen that before, and it’s just beautiful. I love the the bands you have also chosen alongside them. 

Post # 22
261 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
missyjiffy:  

Mine is 6.5mm moissanite in 14k rose gold. Fiance payed between 500-600.

Post # 23
2021 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Ruby Princess

20141029_081621

mine is moissanite and its from JTV. I love love love it, but it’s 1.3 ct center with the halo, and i should have gone smaller, i think. it’s a little too showy for me. but they have great stuff. oh, and it was about $350

Post # 24
454 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2016

Have you tried DiamondBistro? They frequently have very, very cheap moissies among other rings! 

Post # 25
1327 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

Mine was roughly $500 (not sure though, I’m British). It looks even more beautiful in real life. The diamons sparkles like crazy!

Post # 26
1364 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2016

View original reply
missyjiffy:  Try vintage and estate rings on Etsy. That’s where mine is from. You can score a hell of a deal.

Post # 27
574 posts
Busy bee

eBay! if you aren’t superstitious about a ring from a broken relationship then eBay. Provided it’s sold with it’s certificate which most are. My friend got his fiancé a ring from eBay £200 (which I think is less then $500!) half carat diamond with platinum setting. Most people just want rid of it so you can get a good deal. 

Post # 28
922 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
SomethingBlue1009:  Wow that is an excellent price for an excellent ring LOVE IT!

Post # 29
868 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Not all pre-loved diamonds/e-rings are from broken relationships. Many are from people upgrading, and people who inherited rings, as well as people who “collect” and resell rings. I would not assume the worst about a piece of pre-loved jewelery. besides, I really dont think bad JuJu attaches itself to a piece of jewelery. You can always have it spiritually cleansed if that makes you feel better 😉

Post # 30
92 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

I’m not sure of the exact price he paid because he picked it out himself, but it was under $500. He found it on Amazon. I went back and forth with what I wanted, but finally came up with some criteria. I wear gloves and work with my hands, plus I have terrible depth perception and bang my hand on door frames, furniture, etc. I wanted something that would hold up to all that abuse, so diamond won out. I also wanted something small and low profile to avoid constantly ripping my gloves. Finally, I felt that we should keep the price of the ring under $750 so we could spend our money elsewhere. This was the result! I love my little ring and it is super sparkly.

DSC_3107

The issue I’m running into now is the cost of a matching wedding band. Plain white gold bands seem to run about $100, but anything fancier can go upwards of $500. On the hunt again…

The topic ‘Show me your $500 Engagement Ring!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors