(Closed) Show me your BEADED gowns! [POLL]

posted 5 years ago in Dress
  • poll: My thoughts on beaded gowns...
    I love them all! Your wedding day is the day to sparkle! : (134 votes)
    56 %
    I like SOME beading : (60 votes)
    25 %
    Little beading works best for me : (21 votes)
    9 %
    Beading is so not for me : (25 votes)
    10 %
  • Post # 61
    926 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

My dress was bead city! I love love love beading. I love the look of simple gowns too but I have so much appreciation for the intricacy and “work” that goes into beaded dresses.

There weren’t any rubbing issues under the arms for me because the cut of my dress (low back) prevented this from happening.  I would definitely recommend avoiding dresses that have beading around/under the armpits even if they seem comfortable at the fitting.

In terms of how they photograph, I find that the sparkles don’t tend to turn out in pics unless you’re in specific lighting. Rhinestones look chrome and sequins and beads look flat so make sure you’re happy with the style and cut of the dress above all!

Post # 62
    1 posts
    Wannabee

I loved my beaded gown! I added additional beading throughout the skirt and had swavorski crystals on my veil as well. They didn’t itch at all. The dress is heavy when you are picking it up but it didn’t feel heavy on me. I loved everything about it. Here’s a few pics. beading1beading2

Post # 63
    2013 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

My dress had beading on the bodice. The only thing that bothered me was the area under my right armpit. For some reason, the way it rubbed against my skin caused some irritation by the end of the night. 

Post # 64
    15062 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

bodice

Post # 65
    442 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2013 - Tybee Island, GA

I love beading!!!

Post # 66
    221 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

View original reply
    FutureMrsCaldwell:  Looks gorgeous on you. I wore this dress on my wedding day a month ago!!

Post # 67
    242 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2015 - Tuscany Falls Banquet Hall

Post # 68
    39 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: September 2015

What beautiful beaded dresses Ladies!  Here’s mine.  Beaded bodice only.  I can’t wait to wear it! IMG_7044

Post # 69
    91 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: June 2016 - Fairmont Mayakoba

View original reply
    sambee99:  BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I am so glad to see a picture of someone wearing it in the beach, as that is where I am having my wedding. Was it comfortable during the ceremony? 

Post # 70
    123 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2015

View original reply
    JnT4real:  

View original reply
    MrsG2BIre:  

Thanks ladies! The designer is Kenneth Winston. This particular dress style number is 1565.

Post # 73
    306 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2015

All of these dresses are gorgeous!  I love seeing what others have chosen!  Mine has beading over the lace, but I don’t think these pics show it very well…

Post # 74
    221 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2015

View original reply
    FutureMrsCaldwell:  Yes it was!! VERY hard to pee but comfortable other than that :P. We had about 30 degree weather but with the water it brought the temperature down 5 or 6 degrees so I was perfect. 

Post # 75
    35 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: March 2018 - Lavender House Hotel

I was so convinced i was going to go for simple lace, but i chose my dress the other day and its covered in sparkle, so in love with it 🙂 

The topic ‘Show me your BEADED gowns! [POLL]’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors