Show me your plus size dress, 2018 to 2020 brides!

posted 10 months ago in Dress
Post # 2
3 posts
Wannabee

I’m in the same position as you, we’re looking at a 2020 wedding date and the dress I found and fell in love with was apparenty discontinued in 2014 :/

I’m about the same size (street size 16/18) so any assistance you ladies could give would be absolutely amazing ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 3
280 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2018

Well, not sure if this is what you’re looking for, but I figured if post mine. I’m a street size 18/20.

It isn’t a wedding dress per say, but for the type of wedding/reception I’m having I think it’s perfect (outdoor/backyard/BBQ). 

The dress needs to be steamed, and we’re going to sew the belt on to ensure it won’t be crooked (I know it’s kind of crooked in the pics). This was my hair/makeup/dress trial, and I love it!

The dress was $30 on Amazon and then probably an additional $80 for all the accessories (belt, veil, spanx, shoes, hair piece, jewelry(not pictured). 

Post # 4
724 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

Wooh, more plus sized brides! ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m a street size 20. My dress is a 22 but does need to be taken in a bit (or hopefully a little more than that as I hope to lose a bit of weight before my wedding. But I’m realistic and know it won’t be drastic haha)

It’s an Oleg Cassini gown from David’s Bridal. I am obsessed with his dresses! And they all come in plus size ๐Ÿ˜•

The lighting makes it look a touch less pink than it actually is in real life. The color is classified as blush, but it’s kind of like blush and champagne had a baby haha I love it!

Please keep in mind that I haven’t had any alterations yet, so it’s too long and doesn’t fit perfectly! And ignore the colors of my bridesmaids’ dresses haha Those are the styles they picked, but not the colors ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 5
269 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: St. petersburg, FL

Sorry for the size of this photo, lol. I’m a street size 12/14, and this is the dress I just bought this past weekend! I’m between sizes in bridal (thanks little boobies and big behind!), but the dress I ordered will be a 16. There are so many beautiful gowns out there – you will definitely find your perfect dress! 

Post # 6
2905 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2018

Sorry this picture is so big! I am a bridal size 20, it’s so nice to see other brides with bodies like mine! My dress is a super simple chiffon gown from David’s Bridal. I know a lot of people hate on DB but I had a great experience and found they had the best plus size selection in my area. This dress is a size 20 and all I need is a hem and some cups sewn in, the bodice fits perfectly.

Post # 8
282 posts
Helper bee

Wear rago shapewear!!! Is much more comfortable than spanx, doesn’t roll down, and has boning in the waist.

i don’t know what size my gown is because I bought off the rack.  I’m an 18/20 on top and a 20/22 on bottom.

Post # 9
123 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2018 - Melbourne, Australia

I’ve never posted photos on here before (mostly just browsed a lot before my wedding) so hopefully this works okay.

I am Australian size 20, and am not quite 5’2…. I’m a little tea pot, short and stout lol.

My wedding was on August 18th a few weeks back, and my dress was custom made by a dressmaker friend. I basically had two main requirements:
1) I didn’t want a floor length gown because I wanted to be able to dance without the fear of tripping on my dress.
2) I needed to be able to wear a bra.

Together, this dress is what we came up with, and I was SO happy with it! My friend designed it, we shopped for the fabric together and it was a wonderful experience having a close friend make my wedding dress.

It twirled so beautifully when I was dancing. I wore my dress with Kate Spade x Keds sparkly sneakers, because I’m not a heels girl. I was so comfortable, got so many great comments about my shoes and dress, and just really felt like ME ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 10
325 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

You ladies all look beautiful! I’m a street size 16 and bought a size 18 dress. I can’t wait for it to come in and get it altered! It has champagne lining and an ivory lace overlay. There is boning built into the dress so I’m hoping I can get away without shapewear 

Post # 11
881 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2019

ohdarling :  Girl look at your killer curves! Put Kim K to shame haha. That dress looks absolutely beautiful on you!! (Insert Emoji with heart eyes x 5). 

Post # 12
8042 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

ohdarling :  

Ooh you look marvellous! A true hourglass . I don’t think you need that belt , or any belt tho. Your figure speaks for itself.  

Post # 13
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2018

ohdarling :  your gown is gorgeous!!! It is sooooooo flattering on you! I wish my dress made my figure look like that lol

Post # 14
711 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2019

Theres pretty plus size wedding dresses you just have to find the right stores. I did start a thread that people could post where they went shopping hope you find what your looking for. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors