- 5 years ago
- Wedding: April 2014
A relative of mine owns a high end event production company and very generously offered to do my wedding. My choices for furnishings and decor are nearly limitless. This is awesome, but it’s presenting a challenge to me to make choices because I have so few limits. Horrible predicament, I know!
I need to start narrowing in on table decor. I’m hoping to see some of your pictures that incorporate some of the things I do know I’ll be using:
- Oblong Tables
- Table linens in White or Black or Gold. Subtle geometric prints and textures are possibilities.
- Or another possibility is no table linen, and using wood tables in blonde or mohogany or black or white. (often called communal tables)
- Chairs in black, white or gold (could be regular or antiqued). Chivari, Versaille, Ghost or Farm Chair.
- Globe ights hung canopy style
- Lots and Lots of pillar candles of varying heights & size
- Minimal or low profile floral (very open, but no purple or blue)
- Either charger plates or a nice napkin fold/menu card (no empty space between flatware)
- Fine stemware
Basically everything about my venue and things I already liked lends to Gatsby-esque designs. BUT, I really hate anything too trendy so I’m trying to walk a fine line here. I don’t want my wedding to have a “theme”.
I have never been one very much “in style” before, why does black/gold and deco/mod have to be so in right now??? lol
I know this post is kind of all over the place, my apologies. Post some pics please! I’ll throw one up to get the ball rolling.