Post # 1
We’ve made the strategic decision to go with a somewhat less-than-professional photographer for our wedding. They’re trying to build up their portfolio so they’re giving us a killer deal that I just couldn’t turn down! Plus they take really excellent photos, so I’m sure the results will be fantastic. By their own admission, the main thing they lack as compared to the long-time pros is the experience in posing brides and couples in unusual ways that end up being great pictures!
So please please share with me those poses that you thought “why in the hell do they want me to do THIS?” and then it turned out to be amazing! Any classic non-crazy poses are also encouraged 🙂 I want to go in with LOTS of ideas for them!!!
Thanks ladies 🙂
Post # 3
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?? I know I’ve seen some on other threads with brides standing on railings with trains beautifully draped, etc. so I know they’re out there!!! Don’t leave me hangin’ 🙂
Post # 4
My favorite pictures we had were either where the sun was behind us, when we were next to large natural landmarks, or far out in the distance. Our photographer didn’t pose us much, so we were more natural in our movements.
Post # 5
Lie on this couch…you want me to do WHAT while all my bm look at me?
I could keep going…
Post # 6
Here are some of my favorites:
Post # 7
Here are some of our favorites 🙂
Photos courtesy of Nick Dantonio Photography, http://www.nickdantoniophotography.com
And a few e-pics/proposal favorites
Post # 9
(Note: I haven’t received my edited images yet so other than the second to last one, these are all the raw images) A couple of things I told my photographer I must have were:
1) A “directly after the first kiss” picture. Of course you want a picture of the actual kiss, but also capture the moment just after the kiss, you get the best faces from these
2) Picture of you and your new Darling Husband after you exit the church as you are walking off together…this is your first moment (although brief) alone together as husband and wife, it’s so special…We unfortunately did not get this because my photographer had a mini freak out about the doors not being opened for her in the back of the church and then she missed the moment…but I highly recommend capturing it
3) As far as cute poses go…I love dipping photos (we got lots of these)
4) If you are having any special/choreographed moments (lifts/dips/spins) in your first dance, give your photographer a heads up so they can be in the best spot to capture it
5) This is a pose me, my brother, and my sister have all had done at our weddings
If you’re reception is at the hotel where you are staying that night you can get an elevator closing picture…I’ve seen it on pinterest and it’s super cute! (For some inexplicable reason our photographer had us do this at the service elevator instead of the pretty elevator that went up to our room…)
6) This is just one of my favorite shots of us
7) Lastly, this is more of a suggestion for something to do, but you get great pictures from it as well. Have a private last dance as all your guests leave to get ready to throw rice/light sparklers/etc. It is such an amazing moment taking it all in, the whole process and the whole day with your husband!
Post # 10
@dodgercpkl: I love the running picture! I wish we had done one of these!
Post # 11
This was one of our engagement pics I thought I would HATE but it is probably my favorite one. I haven’t gotten my pro pics back yet, but we took one similar to this and I’m so excited to see it!
Post # 12
I’ve only got these in, but I do love them!
Post # 13
(ABOVE) This one she posed…Love it. BELOW This is the one they said on the count of three everyone do something u think is funny
I love that they captured everyone in this one. It is a perspective I dont think gets captured very often.We had to stand in the middle of the road for this one…. little historic town and the police on their segways were not happy, but it was a must have shot for me. I just love how they catured so much of the surroundings, from the brick road to the canopy trees.
(Below) This one was posed too, but I just think it shows off our goofyness.
This was posed as well. I get a lot of compliments on this one so I thought I would include it.
And this was our send off…we had to wait awhile to exit, I never thought it would be so difficult to get people to light sparklers 🙂
these last 2 are from my SIL and I just love them……
this was from my hair/makeup trial.
and this reminds me of paparazzi…lol
Post # 14
Our photographers were really great at giving us direction.
For this one he told my BMs to do their best to make me laugh! I love this pic:
To get the guys laughing in this picture he called out “PENIS” on the top of his lungs lol:
This one he directed me to hold my cloak like that and lean a certain way
Post # 16
I have so many pics of our that I love, but these are already uploaded so I shall show them 😀 I had a blast with our photog
this is actually a guest shot but i LOVE IT