(Closed) Show me your wedding reception's under $5,000

posted 9 years ago in Reception
Post # 17
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Clearly I have much to learn haha. We are planning to do a cocktail type more casual reception at my house. I wanted an outdoor backyard type but we don’t have a free location with such a big beautiful outdoor space. 

I am trying to cut costs wherever I can. I have a guest list of 40 and I suppose that is part of the problem but I feel that I can’t cut it down, everyone on it is either his family, mine or people who have always been essentially so much like family to me that i so want them to be there. dilemma! 

Post # 18
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Tips please 🙂

Post # 20
37 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I have no pictures since my wedding isn’t until May 18th, but I am totally keeping it under 5K. I’m using a fire hall, no venue rental fee just catering service, we will get our 300 deposit back if the place is cleaned up after, which I do have to figure out that part still. I’m keeping decor to a minimum, only tables decorated. Only shopping on sale for everything. Lots of DIY. State park pavilion for ceremony, less than 100. Cake is made by a small, local bakery and their prices are outstanding. DIY invites and thank yous as well as all ceremony decor being DIY. Since we are getting married outside we will have very little decor. 10 DIY pomander balls hung on low to the ground shepards hooks lining the sidewalk leading to the pavilion and fabric to cover the permanent grills so they aren’t noticable which will double as the dj’s area to set up her stuff for our music. We are using the pavilion sideways since it will keep people closer to us that way. we will be standing (if you think of the pavilion as very wide and not very long since it is sideways) directily outside of it on the grass with a nice mountain behind us while all the guests sit under the pavilion out of the sunlight. Plus both of our venues can be used in the rain. If it gets too crazy we can always move eveerything to the firehall and just switch it up…because rain happens.

I am enjoying these pictures, nice job ladies!

Post # 20
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2016

View original reply
nativedesires:  this is sooooooooooo gorgeous!

Post # 21
2014 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
SMZombie:  Thanks! 

Post # 22
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2016

View original reply
Nona99:  what really!! How? ! 

The topic ‘Show me your wedding reception's under $5,000’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors