(Closed) Shower & Wedding too close? What should I do?

posted 8 years ago in Parties
  • poll:
    Have the wedding shower on Saturday morning well before the rehearsal dinner (like a brunch. : (3 votes)
    14 %
    Have the wedding on Friday afternoon (more of a cocktails type of event). : (19 votes)
    86 %
    Other idea (please elaborate below). : (0 votes)
  • Post # 4
    769 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2010

definitely have it friday! you will get to hang out w/ all your girls and relax before the rehearsal stuff. that way, you still have saturday to complete your last minute tasks!

Post # 6
    1570 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 1996

I think either would be fine, with Friday being preferable. I wouldn’t worry about it being too much in one weekend, on the contrary, as long as you’re not the one planning and organizing the shower/bachelorette or the rehearsal dinner and can just enjoy them, I think it will be great to have a fun-filled weekend with your loved ones from Orlando.

Post # 7
    3762 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

I think Friday afternoon/evening would be fine.  That still gives you all day Saturday to recover/relax and get ready for the rehearsal. 

Post # 8
    4001 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

I actually really like the idea of a Friday evening shower/cocktail party.  You can have your Bridesmaid or Best Man set it up so that people can come and go and not feel obligated to arrive and leave at a certain time.  I think making it flexible will make it easier for your guests to come.  It’ll also be a nice way to relax a bit before the wedding.

Post # 9
    1250 posts
    Bumble bee

I’d go with Friday – you’ll probably be wigging out a little bit on Saturday with your wedding the next day – it’ll be more relaxed. I’m in a sort of similar situation with a wedding 3,000 miles away…I’m going out a week early and my Mom’s friend is throwing me one the Sunday before a Saturday wedding, but its kind of a bummer because almost all of MY friends are coming in from out of town, and won’t be able to make it. It’ll be nice for you to be able to have your nearest and dearest at the shower.

Post # 10
    2889 posts
    Sugar bee

I like the idea of doing it on Friday and turning it into a bachelorette.

Post # 12
    950 posts
    Busy bee

Thanks for posting this…I have a similar situation & all the posted replies are helpful!

The topic ‘Shower & Wedding too close? What should I do?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors