Post # 1
Can anyone help me with bridal shower games? I would prefer games that aren’t too cheesey!!
Specifically – does anyone have a list of questions that they’ve prepared for the marshmallow/bubble gum in the mouth game? The game where you ask the groom a list of questions before the shower and he answers them. Then you ask the bride the questions. If she gets them wrong she has to put a marshmallow/piece of gum in her mouth and say a funny word or phrase.
Post # 3
I think the questions my friend used were kinda simple- like favorite bands, favorite colors, how many times he’s been to disney land, how long they’ve known each other, their first date, how he proposed, etc.
Post # 4
I thought a really cute game is for all guests to write down a "piece of marital advice" for the bride. Then you put them all together. She picks a piece of advice out of the basket and has to guess whose advice it is. Then, she opens the gift of the person who gave the advice. It keeps the gift opening moving along quite nicely.
Post # 6
– customized bridal bingo (there are lots of websites where you can upload a list of words and it spits out a bunch of bingo boards with the words all randomly assigned)
– Bridal pictionary – I came up with a list of wedding related words, movies, books and we played Pictionary
– purse scavenger hunt -have everyone go through their purses and give points for different items
– bride trivia – answer questions about the bride, and also send the bride outside and have guests answer questions about what she was wearing, color of her shoes, etc.
– decorate wedding cakes – make little cakes, cupcakes, or cookies, and have everyone decorate them and give prizes for the most original, modern, etc.
Post # 7
how about make the bridals dress with napkins
Post # 8
We pulled together a list of bridal shower games on the wiki!
Post # 9
May I put out a note about the gum-in-the-mouth game…make sure that the questions are mostly ones she’ll know, not TOO specific. Sometimes a gal can’t remember the answers, and I went to one shower where the poor bride not only had an uncomfortably-full mouth of gumballs, but ended up feeling sad, and like she didn’t know her groom that well! It was sad, and the questions were ones I wouldn’t have remembered the answers to for my FH either…Like name of his first-kiss (I mean, when we’re now in our 30s, it’s hard to recall!), etc. So, just putting it out there. I nixed that game for my and my sister’s showers.