(Closed) Shower is next weekend & nobody has an invitation yet!

posted 8 years ago in Parties
Post # 3
252 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

Geez, this is a tough one. Why did she wait so long on the invites? I guess it doesn’t really matter.

Maybe you or she can send out an email to check with people.

Hope it works out for you!

Post # 4
3709 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Have her call everyone on the guest list to see if they are attending or not. Since you already gave most of the invitees the heads up about the date, they hopefully kept that date open.

Post # 5
4001 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I’d tell your Maid/Matron of Honor to give everyone a friendly call.  Just to apologize for the delay or inconvenience and a request that they still attend.  If they hear from her, they might be more inclined to show up even if its last minute.  And, if you speak to any invitees, there’s no reason (in my opinion) that you can’t say, “I know there was a problem getting the invites to you in time, I hope you’re able to make it, I’d love to have you there”.  I’m sure they’ll make it!

Post # 7
1254 posts
Bumble bee

Assuming attendees of the bridal shower are local, it should only take 1-2 days for their invitations to get delivered. You should be able to follow-up with an email over the next few days to check on attendance. Sorry you are having to go through this. It is definitely added work that you shouldn’t be dealing with.

The topic ‘Shower is next weekend & nobody has an invitation yet!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors