(Closed) Shower is this Saturday & no outfit yet…

posted 7 years ago in Parties
Post # 3
46329 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I think a shower is an occasion to get out of jeans. There are lots of cute dresses out there and marked down too! Or wear something you already have and like.

Post # 5
2512 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I actually didn’t find a dress till the day of my shower. 

And I HATE shopping, so I brought my bridesmaids with me and I stood in the changeroom and the brought me outfits lol! I actually tried on a lot of things I would have never tried on and ended up picking a dress they chose for me! I LOVED IT!

And I’ll be wearing it the day after the wedding! 

Post # 7
199 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@cherrycoke: How can you hate sundresses?!? I live in them! There are so many styles, I’m sure you can find ONE you like! Amazon has tons of cute and cheap options… I love these flowery ones for a summer party!

Post # 8
192 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

there are so many cute summer dresses on sale now! I dont know what your budget is like, but I recently picked up a super cute dress at Bloomingdales and they are having a huge sale. A cute skirt and top might also be good too. If you are not a big fan of dresses then maybe you could do dressy shorts with a simple t shirt and heels to dress it up? They have dressy summer shorts on sale at express right now. Good luck!

Post # 9
189 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@cherrycoke: I went with a dark pair of bellbottom jeans, a ruffled ivory tank top with a tan belt at the waist and tan wedges because I couldn’t find a cute rope belt to go with my navy sundress and nautical wedges… The guests wore casual summer so it worked out pretty well and I didn’t feel underdressed at all.

I actually haven’t worn jeans in months now though, so I was pretty happy to be able to.

The topic ‘Shower is this Saturday & no outfit yet…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors