(Closed) Shower planning newbee! Need fun ideas for decor & food on the cheap!

posted 6 years ago in Parties
Post # 6
457 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

Here are a couple of theme ideas I like:

1) if you’re not set on receiving gifts from your registry you can do a date night theme and have your guests bring “dates” for you and Fiance to go on after you get married (restaurant giftcards, movie gift cards, bed and breakfast certificate, rock climbing gift cards etc). But if this is your only shower you might want to stick to registry gifts…

2) if you’re sticking with your registry you can pick one room in your house as the theme. For example you can do a kitchen party and everyone can bring you a gift from your registry to go in the kitchen and also give you a recipe (send out recipe cards with your invited) 

Along those same lines you could do a bedroom shower (all gifts for the bedroom) and also ask your guests to include a gift of pjs (or lingerie) for you

As far as food goes, I’m throwing a shower for my friend and I’m having all the food related to some milestone in her and her FIs relationship. It is making the food a little unfocused but we’ll have little signs out explaining the significance of each. For example her Fiance proposed while on a ski trip at lake Tahoe while skiing so for a drink we’re having Sierra Nevada pale ale and thei first dance was to a josh turner song so for a dessert we’ll have apple “turner” overs. In order to keep the costs down I’m making everything myself and we’re having the shower at 3:00 and letting the guests know “snack” will be provided but not a full meal since its in between lunch and dinner. Might be a little cheap but I’m paying for the shower myself and there are 50 guests 🙂

Hope this helps some!

Post # 7
344 posts
Helper bee

Do you have a bridal party? I think the need to a BIG hint that they should be doing this for you. 🙂

The topic ‘Shower planning newbee! Need fun ideas for decor & food on the cheap!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors