Shut-it-Up Pact! 5/23 – 6/23

posted 4 months ago in Waiting
Post # 2
52 posts
Worker bee

Please add me!!! i need to seriously get a grip.

Post # 4
103 posts
Blushing bee

Joining! Now that I know all the plans for a proposal are in motion and I’ve had my say about the ring, I’ve promised myself and my SO that I wont say another word about it.

Post # 5
69 posts
Worker bee

Add me too please! I love conversations on it but sometimes I feel thats all we talk about lol

Post # 6
330 posts
Helper bee

Joining as well!

Post # 7
15 posts
Newbee

Please add me!! This will be very difficult as this summer aka wedding season approaches. But if its a month pact, I can probably handle that. That means I’ll just spend more time on this site!!

Post # 8
69 posts
Worker bee

Please add me me too! We designed the ring together and now I’m just waiting for the proposal… this will help me not to spoil the surprise! 

Post # 9
11 posts
Newbee

Please add me. He said he was going to take me ring shopping & I shouldn’t have to remind him or bring up anything wedding related as I don’t want to pressure him.

Post # 10
52 posts
Worker bee

I already messed up last night!!! urghh, at least with all this money ill be putting away i can buy myself something sparkly!

I really need to get over myself, because i know he has ordered it, and it should have been ready last week, and we go on holiday on sunday, but i am THE most impatient person on the planet. 

Post # 12
330 posts
Helper bee

I also had to add to my jar – we’ve been invited to three weddings in the last two days!

Post # 13
52 posts
Worker bee

Ah knowing my OH it wont be this weekend like ive convinced myself – hes loving holding this over me, as im such a control freak. 

Its so hard this time of year, and im my friends Maid/Matron of Honor in july so i cant escape the world of weddings!

what distractions are you all gonig for? my jobs pretty quiet so thats how i ended up on here! 

Post # 14
154 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2020

I am joining this pact as well! I’m hanging out with my future in laws for memorial day weekend, and I know that I’m gonna be asked about engagement. They didn’t really ask a lot last year as they knew I was working towards my certification. Now that I’m certified and am looking for a fulltime job, the wedding questions and engagement questions will come.

Post # 15
227 posts
Helper bee

Question, as my situation is a bit different: he dropped a few hints and I think it’s going to happen in June. However, we already have plans in motion to relocate for work at the end of the year. We (I) have clearly established that there is no relocation and no TTC until engagement happens. However, we discuss daily about the relocation and how to manage a private insurance covering maternity for when we’ll be there etc. as we have to think about it way in advance (it’s an intercontinental relocation).

So: do these topics count? They’re not strictly related to the proposal, we both give it for granted that these things are going to happen because the proposal is going to happen, but should I shut it up on these topics too? 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors