(Closed) Shut it Up Pact (SIUP) November 16th – 30th, 2015

posted 6 years ago in Waiting
Post # 76
54 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

View original reply
RobynEileen:  I’m a senior in college and it’s the same way! Everyone gets engaged before graduation. I think it’s also more common in the South (here for school) to get married younger. Approximately 7 of my close friends have already gotten engaged this year. Ahhh!

Post # 77
221 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

View original reply
minnesota42:  Oh no! Ring by spring was so hard!! I skipped my senior year and went straight to grad school so I saw all of my old friends getting engaged while I was just starting out. I feel you!

Post # 78
10 posts
Newbee

I am so glad I found this message board. We have been together almost two years and nothing yet. He wants me to move In first which I have to do or otherwise we cannot move forward. I know I have to trust that he won’t string me along but I am so scared.

He told me that he can see us going in that direction and that I shouldn’t have any indication that we are off course to go in that direction… I am just glad I have found some like-minded ladies going through the same thing as I am. Friends all around us are getting engaged (they have been dating less time) and the more it happens the more upset it makes me… Not because I am not happy for them but because I want and know I deserve that commitment too. 

I am going to try to Stick to this pact muster the very little faith I have inside me to do this. Thanks for the support ladies.

Post # 79
10 posts
Newbee

View original reply
mrsz2b:  OMG how exciting! I would totally feel the same way if I were you position…that is wonderful to know that you are so close…but nerveracking to know you’ve no idea when it’s going to happen… good luck! 🙂

Post # 80
10 posts
Newbee

View original reply
lucialucentum:  welcome! I am a newbie too! Just joined the pact today! I think I am really going to need this board as a support system through this engagement season…

Post # 81
56 posts
Worker bee

I’ve had to bite my tongue so much today! We are down at my parents house for Thanksgiving and my sister and her fiance are here as well. So many opertunities to talk about marriage and proposing have come up and my mom just brought it up again. Staying strong is so hard! 😳

Post # 82
19 posts
Newbee

I know the ring has arrived and I just can’t wait for him to finally propose! I don’t want to bug him about it but it’s sooo hard. If he doesn’t do it so I might explode. We will celebrate 8 years (I know!!!) together in 3 weeks. Eeeeek excited bee over here!

Post # 83
262 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
minnesota42:  Senior here as well, It’s so hard to watch with engagement season!!!

Post # 84
221 posts
Helper bee

I WAS DOING SO WELL but another penalty for me. I said I would do something with him in January and play the supportive Girlfriend and then I asked if I would still be able to be the supportive GF  by January. Whoops!

Post # 85
521 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

Seventh and eighth offences at $2 each… my jar’s at $13

We had some American family members over for Thanksgiving dinner last night and overheard my SO make a comment to my aunt about our Europe trip; I just caught kind of an excited sneaky smile. This trip isn’t until May 2016 and I feel like this is forever away! Maybe it’s the fact that it’s rainy and gloomy outside here but man am I having a day. Just feeling awfully sorry for myself today lol, *sigh* I know I should pick myself up and dust myself off but I’m just having a “lick my wounds” kind of moment

Post # 86
56 posts
Worker bee

First offense this morning. And I was doing so well!! This morning we were sitting in the living room with my sister and her fiance and a story came on the news about the singer Rachel Platten (my name is Rachel and my boyfriends last name is Platt, I mean come on!!!!) I bit my tongue though. It was really hard lol. Then my sister started talking about black Friday savings and I let slip that the store that we have been looking at is having a sale too…. One dollar down..how many more to go before the day is done? Lol

Post # 88
221 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
Perfpersnickety:  Haha I don’t even mean to 99% of the time. I just don’t have a filter and it comes right on out!

Post # 89
262 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
RobynEileen:  Amen to having no filter. It just comes out like asking “How was your day” for me. I don’t even realize I say something half the time.

Post # 90
215 posts
Helper bee

I think I may start doing this. If I had started alot earlier … holy crap I’d have a fully funded wedding by now!! Haha

The topic ‘Shut it Up Pact (SIUP) November 16th – 30th, 2015’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors