(Closed) Shut it Up Pact (SIUP) November 16th – 30th, 2015

posted 6 years ago in Waiting
Post # 107
221 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

View original reply
Perfpersnickety:  Damn I missed that one! #finalsbrain πŸ™ That’s not nearly as blatant as some of my others though πŸ˜› hahahahaha Thanks for keeping me honest!!! 

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by RobynEileen.
Post # 108
54 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

View original reply
RobynEileen:  
View original reply
tm6173:  
View original reply
ghostkitty:  
View original reply
Perfpersnickety:  Thank you all SO, SO much!!! I’ve been meaning to post, but the last 36 hours have been CRAZY!

I’m making a separate thread that you can check out if you’re interested in more details! I didn’t want to write a huge post on here.

I hope you’re all holding strong in the waiting game and good luck to all of you!! πŸ™‚

Post # 109
521 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

View original reply
minnesota42:  AHHHHHHH love coming back for an update after a couples days and seeing such great news! SO EXCITING!!! Congrats to you and your new Fiance bee!!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Post # 110
440 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
Perfpersnickety:  Haha, I certainly wouldn’t lie about it. πŸ˜›  I’ll definitely be checking in and I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for everyone that your proposals all come soon and you can gab all you want!

Post # 112
307 posts
Helper bee

Haven’t brought anything up once since our anniversary weekend. Holding strong at $4 in the pot! Haha.

View original reply
minnesota42:  Congratulations!

Post # 113
521 posts
Busy bee

Any chance we could get a December pact going on? It’s the one thread I don’t feel like I’ll be pounced on for having an opinion lol… yesterday I was pretty much told I don’t know shit about cohabitation because I’m not engaged – “Right. And that’s why your username is wannabmrsp”. For real? For offering a different perspective based off my own experiences to someone else who may have been looking for varied opinions? Eyeyeye cyber bullying is real on the bee here folks! Do we not all just want the same thing in the end – happy and healthy marriages? Some of these bees must wake up to piss in their cereal on the daily and I just hate it when some splashes in mine. End rant.

Anyway it’s refreshing to be in waiting mode with other like-minded individuals that don’t try to make me feel like any less of a person because I’m not yet engaged. I know my time is not too far off and I want to be excited right now, not let the bitterness of other people’s unwarranted judgements get me down. Not to mention it’s engagement season and I’m sure our penalty jars could really get a stuffing! πŸ™‚ So I vote December pact!

Post # 115
659 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

I failed SO HARD last night… I was just waiting for this pact to be up (just kidding, I didn’t even realize).

I literally sent my SO an email full of rings. I found one that sent my heart aflutter, and started losing my mind over it (quietly, of course).

Wannabmrsp, that was a rude comment you received! I’d be down about it, too. My group of friends is mostly of married people, and I stay quiet about a lot because they allllllllllways know better than I do because they’ve been with their husbands longer. I go home to my happy SO and we lead a wonderful life together. I couldn’t care less what they say, especially since they do not have relationships for me to be envious of- too much fighting and bickering for me to want to deal with.

Post # 118
161 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
wannabmrsp:  Seriously? Thats ridiculous. Im sorry, Bee! 

Post # 119
521 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
lucialucentum:  
View original reply
Perfpersnickety:  
View original reply
Courtney1993:  Thanks ladies! Of course I should have expected it, I was going against the grain and that doesn’t tend to go down well on The Bee! Apparently I can’t say shit until I’ve got the ring on my finger lol, I wonder what they’ll find to cut me down about then?

I think I was most hurt by the support the comment received by other bees but again, it’s to be expected when I was offering an unpopular opinion based on my own experience. Apparently we should have stayed in my FMIL’s basement until I had a diamond on my finger, lmao that’s insanity to me and I could have never validated that prioritization. But to each their own! I’ll stick to my “if I don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all” approach to The Bee. Sure I won’t necessarily agree with everyone and I may verbalize that, but I’ll never be straight up disrespectful to anyone. Nobody logs on to a message board to be made to feel like shit or be bullied by strangers. It’s kind of sad, really!

The topic ‘Shut it Up Pact (SIUP) November 16th – 30th, 2015’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors