Post # 1
So I’m going to talk about how great my BM’s are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have 3 BM’s. no Maid/Matron of Honor, they are all equal.
- When we talk about dress styles, their response is unanimously – we’ll wear whatever you want us to wear
- I made the appt to shop for my dress and they were all excited and all came with me. We all went to dinner afterwards and they even argued with me over who was paying (they didn’t want me to. I did pay because I wanted to thank them for the help).
- I made a appointment to shop for their dresses next month and just told them about it. They are already throwing around ideas of where we can go to lunch/shopping afterwards.
- They are all THRILLED to have an excuse to go to Scotland for the wedding.
- And this is the best one – I’m a teacher and was taking a break from grading and looking at wedding ring options. I sent two pictures to the BM’s with a note that I was procrastinating, this was not time sensitive at all, and if they had better things to do, they were free to ignore me 🙂 Bridesmaid or Best Man Cor emailed me back opnions on the rings and then ended the email with this “And by the way….what is more important than you and ring shopping!!!!!! NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
This is why I love my BM’s!!!!
Why do you love yours??
Post # 3
Does no one love their bridesmaids?
Post # 4
I haven’t finished asking all my bridesmaids, so I’m still missing half! (2 of 4)
However – my Maid/Matron of Honor is completely spectacular. She’s constantly asking what she can do to help, when we can sit down to talk about plans/ideas, when we can have lunch, etc. Today she literally told me that I’m the boss – I told her to watch herself haha be careful! It’s all light-hearted because she knows I’m not crazy.
My other Bridesmaid or Best Man has been great also – on board to help at our engagement party, checking in to see what’s going on, if I need anything… it’s lovely.
I’m not at all a bride who expects BMs/MOH to do all the work – heck, if they show up sober, nicely dressed, and enjoy themselves, they’ve done their job. But the fact that they’re excited and checking in is nice. Hopefully the other two will be happy as well!
Post # 5
I only have my Maid/Matron of Honor as an attendant. She and I have been friends since high school. I told her to pick whatever she wanted to wear as long as it was appropriate for the ceremony. She has been incredibly thoughtful about her choices and even made sure to check in with me as I finalized my wedding dress options to ensure complementary styles. The dress she recently purchased is gorgeous and is lacy without being matchy-matchy with my lace.
She began brainstorming a bachelorette/pre-wedding party in the same conversation as dresses. She is enthusiastically handling everything on that end from across the country as me and always keeps me in the loop. She’s been an angel 🙂
Post # 6
I love mine to death! They are my closest friends and i treat them like gold 🙂