(Closed) Sick of planning a wedding with only $1000… *JUST A VENT*

posted 8 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
654 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

No, you’re right.  It blows.  I don’t mean that in a bad way at all, I just totally understand how you feel.  If it helps, I’m pretty sure most brides don’t think they have enough – and the line has to get drawn somewhere!  Like I’ve said before, it’ll be perfect no matter what you do with it, that’s the funny thing about weddings.  Chin up, my love, it’ll all work out!

Post # 5
762 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Trust me hun, you’re right. Our budget is $2000 IF we’re lucky and it SUCKS! I just wanna smack girls who complain about “having a rough time because the budget is only $10,000” like serious, must be nice! I will admit though, even though it sucks big time, it definatly lets us sort the need from the want and in turn makes us nire inlove with the turnout of our wedding. No, we might not be able to leave our ceremony is a hors-drawn carrage to our gold plated venue but hey, it’s our wedding day and it’s all about marrying our men πŸ™‚

Post # 7
427 posts
Helper bee

I would totally agree. I have researched wedding planning and been in weddings for many years…I swear when you mention the word “wedding” to vendors they automatically jack up their prices. It sucks for sure. But you must remember to be as creative as you can be. Call around to people you know and friends of friends for any deals you may be able to get. Amateur djs, photographers, cake decorators…etc. Look into making your own invitations, veil/headpiece, wedding favors….lots of things you can find for super affordable prices πŸ™‚ Lots of good luck to you!

Post # 9
654 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@cyndistar3: Pfft, people like to spout honey and cherryblooms because they don’t want to admit that secretly they wish they had more money/bigger diamonds/better whatever.  It’s human nature, and a $1,000 budget is suck.  You do have to deal with it, and we both know you will deal with it beautifully, but that doesn’t mean you can’t see reality for what it is without being called materialistic.  Weddings are expensive – and while I agree that it’s silly to spend a whack of money on one party, I also understand how difficult it must be to do it with even a “reasonable” budget.  It’s kind of a bullshit industry, actually, and that’s not your fault.

Post # 10
7295 posts
Busy Beekeeper

let me tell you something that might make you feel better. one of my friends who got married a few years ago had a $1000 budget. and i am being completely sincere and honest when i say her wedding was one of the most fun and most memorable weddings i have ever been to as a guest. and i  have been to hers and then i have been to others that have clearly had a $50 000 budget! but i had more fun at hers.

my friends wedding was unique and different than any other wedding i have been and it really stood out.  and its true what they say – all you need is good food and music and you are all set to have an awesome time!

i don;t know how you are managing, but i know she didnt have things like a pro photographer, so i just took a lot of pics during her ceremony and even got it on my camera video and she was super grateful. she also did a potluck which was fun and i was not in her bridal party or anything, just a guest, but was super happy to contribute.

Post # 11
427 posts
Helper bee

Search the internet for dresses! Go to bridal shows, maybe try to find a used one? As far as photography goes, I would look on the internet for amateurs. Some of them are really good and they don’t cost much at all, if anything!

Post # 13
427 posts
Helper bee

I think she would be very flattered if you asked her πŸ™‚ If you are too shy, maybe ask your bridesmaid to ask her for you? Either way, it has to be done at the most affordable price…so keep that in mind πŸ™‚

Post # 15
427 posts
Helper bee

Oh and having people from the wedding take pictures is a good idea as well. I took pictures just recently for my best friends wedding that I was Maid/Matron of Honor. With minimal editing, the pictures came out great! No matter what, the pictures don’t have to be professional quality. Anyone can capture some fantastic images if they have good timing and a steady hand πŸ™‚

The topic ‘Sick of planning a wedding with only $1000… *JUST A VENT*’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors