(Closed) Significant decline in activity since the new Bee was introduced?

posted 7 years ago in Weddingbee
  • poll: How has your participation been affected since the new Bee?
    Declined : (198 votes)
    69 %
    Increased : (1 votes)
    0 %
    Stayed the same : (24 votes)
    8 %
    I am not sure : (6 votes)
    2 %
    Holding onto the hope that it will get fixed! : (35 votes)
    12 %
    About to give up! Peace! : (22 votes)
    8 %
  • Post # 61
    4045 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: January 2014

Yes, still hate it. It’s been two weeks. Pretty much all site redesign bitching goes away in that period of time while people adjust, but that’s not happening here because it’s still crap.

I think one of the most frustrating things is the silence we get. We receive rather vague “we’re working on it” responses, but otherwise we hear nothing about updates. Very few things have been fixed.

I honestly don’t know why they haven’t changed it back to the old format while they clean up this one. When they bring back the dozen or so major features we’ve been begging for, then I could tolerate this site.

My activity may have slightly decreased. I find myself going on other sites much more often. Although since I have no life right now as I wait on paperwork before I can get jobs/volunteer work, I may be on as much because I have nothing else to do (cue tiny violin). I just dislike it much more!

Post # 62
    1603 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

I’ve honestly been thinking of starting up a petition to bring the old site back, at least until they can provide us with a functional redesign. But then I start to think I’m just putting way too much into this, hahah.

Post # 63
    11517 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: May 2014

View original reply
    blushbliss:  I think it’s picking back up again.  I think there was an initial ‘rebellion’ but some users I hadn’t seen for a week or so are comign back – I think a lot of people will return, the new site function is improving and I think it will be great once the kinks are worked out!

Post # 64
    1863 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

Mine has certainly declined when the change first happened, however I recently moved after I got married and in a new city where I do no have a job yet or know anyone, so I’m on it more these past few days to kill time. I was hoping we were all getting punked and they’d change it back to the old bee once they saw how the majority of the people do not like this one.  I find it ridiculous that such a major change was done to the website without any regard to the members who actually use it and keep it running. I also don’t understand why the heck they found the need to change it to begin with. It wasn’t broke. It didn’t need fixing. And if it had some glitches to it, couldn’t they have been fixed without completely changing what wedding bee was? To name of few things I dislike: I hate all the white. I hate when someone replies to my comment, I now have to go searching all the pages in the thread to find it instead of before when you click on the link in your inbox and it takes you straight to the comment left for you.  I hate how the OP in a thread is no longer outlined.  I hate that there are not so many threads per page. I hate the layout in general. It is not as user friendly when searching the boards for different topics. AT ALL.  I hate that it’s slower. PLEASE GIVE THE OPTION FOR THOSE WHO WANT THE OLD BEE BACK TO DOWNGRADE TO IT. PLEASE!!! 🙁

Post # 65
    4888 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

I started coming here LONG before I was enaged, and it was fun to check out threads and see what people were talking about/posting pics about. Now, I’ve been engaged for a month and usually pull the page up in the morning to view certain boards that have peaked my interest and have been helpful with information in the past. I have noticed that new threads dont’ seem to get as great of responses as they once did. I love having this as an additional resource for information, but have seen a decrease in posters/responders.

I’ll still come to the webspage though!

Post # 66
    2393 posts
    Buzzing bee

View original reply
    babeba:  Way agreeing with you on this one. I joined the Bee about two and a half years ago, and the tone was very different then. There is definitely more nastiness going around now.  

As for the new format — what a freaking mess. I used to check in daily, even if it was only to read threads for about 45 mins. or so.

Now I’m checking in maybe once a week and hanging out 15 mins. or so. This is awful. 

But on the up side: I’m making good use of the time I used to spend here. Specifically:

• I’m reading more books.
    • I’m spending more time on my health and have invested in a juicer and am feeling fantastic.
    • I’m finally, finally quitting my sucky job that I’ve hated for a good two years now — had “the talk” with my boss today — and am moving into a more positive direction, work-wise.

Yea!

Sometimes change is good!

Post # 67
    3080 posts
    Sugar bee

View original reply
    blushbliss:  My activity has decreased because there is less new threads and others commenting and responding.

Post # 68
    10450 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2014

Absolutely I use it less. It’s such a pain in the ass to do ANYTHING now and everything is broken. It’s like a kindergarten student designed the site. I just don’t get why they’d roll out something so shitty. 

Post # 69
    3295 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat

This is the first time I’ve bothered to login and actually browse since the change. I don’t know exactly what it is, but I don’t enjoy it anymore. Searches are incredibly slow and the new format  seems to have driven a lot of bees away.

Post # 70
    1646 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2008 - Toronto, ON

The old format was so much easier to view and use! I do not like this new format at all!

Post # 71
    302 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2015 - Golf Course

I definitely notice much less activity… Which is a bummer because I was mostly a lurker before and now I’m acutally engaged and they go and chase everyone away! 😛

The topic ‘Significant decline in activity since the new Bee was introduced?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors