(Closed) Signs, Bad Omens & Should I change my invites?

posted 8 years ago in Paper
Post # 3
Hostess
18643 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I wouldn’t change things because of that.

Post # 4
233 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

No!! why pay attention to a little bird that just happened to die there??

Post # 5
2867 posts
Sugar bee

I think it’s fine.  Birds get into apartments sometimes.  I wouldn’t think anything of it.

Sorry, I think my suggestion may have been morbid.  I would just try not to think about it.

Post # 6
1339 posts
Bumble bee

I’m not creeped out at all but then again I have a fear of driving over bridges…I know weird.  I kind of like the RIP Birdie idea actually.

Post # 7
1638 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

No way they are adorable! The bird was an accident, it’s happened to me…only with a bat bleh!

Post # 8
10367 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

Everything dies at some point, right? Keep everything as is, and tell this as a funny story in the future 🙂

Post # 11
293 posts
Helper bee

@VikingPrincess: I have a fear of bridges too!  When I was little, I would cry and cry….now I just drive as fast as I can over them!

Post # 12
529 posts
Busy bee

I would totally be with you on the bird and my Fiance would make fun of me forever if I had him come in and take care of it – but he would do it anyway! I think your invites are beautiful and unique and you shouldn’t feel like you have to change a thing! When I was reading your post I thought you were going to say the window was left open and they got rained on or something – now THAT is bad luck!

Post # 13
51 posts
Worker bee

I love the disclaimer- it’s so cute!  I am afraid of paper (cuts) so you can imagine how fun making our invites was for me.  -(Its ok- go ahead and make fun of me- Fiance does all the time!)  haha

You’re invites are adorable!

Post # 14
1991 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Yeah….ummmm….I wouldn’t worry too much about it…..

Post # 15
210 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

You could put something on your program at the bottom that says “in loving memory of the bird” (meaning that particular bird-however you want to phrase it). 

Perhaps the bird was sick and saw your warm craft room and thought it looked like a peaceful place to take it’s final breaths, surrounded by happy centerpiece and invitation birds.  Unlike many wild birds, it did not die alone, or spend it’s last moments on the cold pavement. 

Now you could take it as a sign that you should have a screen on that window when it’s open.  😉

Post # 16
169 posts
Blushing bee

First of all… your invites are ADORABLE… don’t change a thing.

Second of all… I’m afraid of birds too!  I am even more afraid of dead ones (and never can seem to explain WHY)… so I’m glad to hear that someone else feels the same. 🙂

The topic ‘Signs, Bad Omens & Should I change my invites?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors