(Closed) Silk tulle veil/ Any other veil that was more than $100: Well worth the money?

posted 5 years ago in Accessories
Post # 3
2295 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I only like silk tulle on very long veils. On shorter veils, I think it is kind of flat looking.

Post # 5
11349 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

My veil, which had Swarovski crystals on it, was $500, so I assumed that the tulle HAD to be silk for something that was that expensive. Much to my surprise, I learned that it was polyester. I found out from the bridal salon staff that silk tulle tends to rip easily, so many of the more expensive veils are now made of polyester. Given that, I’m not sure if I would pay more just  for silk tulle.

Post # 7
11349 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

@WYAtocha:  I understand. It’s amazing what we, as brides, will spend on something that we’ll only wear for a short time. 🙂

I do not regret purchasing my veil, because I love the fact that it had these tiny little crystals that sparkled in the light.  However, I will say that, when I learned that it would be polyester tulle (and not made of silk like my gown) I did feel as if it were ridiculously over priced.

The bottom line is that, if you love the veil, and you can afford the veil (without having to do something financially unwise to be able to purchase it), I think you should get what you want for your big day.

Finally, I will say that I ended up wearing my veil throughout my entire reception and until we arrived at our hotel suite that night.  If I count the time I had it in on from when I left the salon, until I removed it at the hotel, I wore it for 11 hours. 🙂

The topic ‘Silk tulle veil/ Any other veil that was more than $100: Well worth the money?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors