Post # 1
Fiance and I make up names for everything. Seriously, everyone we know has nicknames, I have no idea why we do this we just do.
So when it comes to all things related to TTC we are no different. We actually find that coming up with non medical terms helps ease some of the awkwardness around timing sexy time. 🙂
Here are a few very silly nicknames we have come up with so far:
- Fiance likes to call DTD, “mowing the grass”
- We call the days leading up to EWCM “the playoffs”. The day of EWCM is called “the super bowl” and the few days following EWCM is known as “overtime” in our house.
- We also decided that EWCM should be called “Phelps juice” because it helps his dudes swim.
- We call the luteal phase, “snuggle time”, because we imagine our fertilized egg (if we ever have one) snuggling up in my body and making itself comfortable.
- When I get a positive OPK I say I passed my test!
What nicknames if any do you guys have related to TTC or pregnancy?
Post # 3
Love your nicknames. We didn’t have any, but now I wish we did.
Post # 4
Ha ha ha! We’re not trying yet but I have to say, those are great! I have no doubt we’ll come up with some once we do though.
Post # 5
Phelp’s Juice! Haha!! Good one. We don’t have names like these. So cute!
Post # 6
So funny! Darling Husband would love the sports analogies. I posted about this before, but Darling Husband calls my fertility monitor my “video game” and he asks whether I got a “high score.” We don’t really have anything creative for the rest of the month but maybe we should add some more!
Post # 7
@JaneyD: Yes, I remember. I actually told Fiance about that.
He liked the video game idea too 🙂
Post # 8
DTD is knowing as “being productive” in our house. It’s actually funny to reference it in mixed company, as in:
Friend: What did you guys do yesterday?
Me: Oh, just went home and spent some time being productive…