(Closed) Silver Wedding Dresses Under $1000?

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
25 posts
Newbee

Do you mean some silver dress like this ? Or you want to find some dresses made in ivory color with silver lace and beading work ? 

Post # 5
25 posts
Newbee

I see, it looks like the dress is made in satin with a taffeta and lace on the bodice. The color is more like a ivory color. It looks like a little silver maybe because the background and the light condition. 

Post # 7
9952 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

Here is a tip…

IF she finds a Wedding Dress she likes style wise (which is WHY it makes sense to go try some on)… then she can use an Off-Shore Bridal Shop to get one made in ANY Colour she likes at about 10% to 20% of the price for any Designer Dress she may fall in love with (makes getting a dress a ton more affordable, and a bigger bang for a few hundred dollars vs thousands)

I just did a similar post on this for another Bride a few minutes ago… I’ll copy it here for convenience…

== snip ==

I am another Bride who looking to go the Off-Shore Replica Route… there are many websites. BUT based on my research two of the best in regards to “getting what you pay for” (and safely using a China Co. for Payment issues) AND attention to detail, good construction etc… seem to be either Jasmine’s Bridal or DressilyMe.

They will work with you to make you what you want… at about perhaps 10% to 20% of the cost of going with the Designer Dress (depending upon what level of seamstress you contract for… regular or premium).  You can either send them details (the more the better) for the dress you want replicated (so Designer Name, Style & Number… close up pics of details… fabric, beading etc) and they’ll make it… OR you can even specify changes that you’d like… change the zip back to a lace up corset, or the neckline from straight across to sweetheart.  You get to pick fabrics, lining, regular sizing or custom fit.  AND the BIG BONUS in my mind, is you can even self-design a dress if you like… for example, have them combine two dresses you love into ONE (top from one, bottom from another)… or change the colors etc (as I am Encore Bride… I am wanting less WHITE and more CHAMPAGNE… lol, both kinds of champagne for that matter *wink*)

There are many topics here on WBee on this topic… just search around for more info.

== end ==

Hope this helps,

PS… Agree that Silver Dresses are GORGEOUS… certainly a colour I was entertaining before I saw my “champagne” dream gown and fell in love.

Post # 8
3241 posts
Sugar bee
Post # 10
3697 posts
Sugar bee

If she wants a silver dress, I would say start searching for “silver dress,” “silver gown,” “silver formal,” and just leave the words “wedding” and “bridal” out of it altogether. You will be able to find lovely gowns at more reasonable prices that way. There is absolutely no reason to corral yourself into paying more, when you’re already working within budget constraints, just for a dress that has the “wedding/bridal” label attached to it, when it’s somewhat non-traditional anyway, color-wise.

Post # 12
3697 posts
Sugar bee

Well, then, the thing to do is to see how she feels about it. If you are scouting dresses for her (because she doesn’t want to do it herself?) all you can really do is show her what you’ve found, and then if she decides that she wants a train, etc., go from there.

You might also suggest that she get someone to sew her a dress with silver fabric, rather than buying a premade one. Sometimes that ends up being easier and cheaper when you have a specific and unusual request like “silver wedding dress with train.”

Post # 14
Hostess
7560 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: January 2013

How about looking at bridesmaid dresses? The mark-up on bridal is so high! You can find a full bridesmaid dress in any color you want for under $500. 

Post # 16
94 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Not sure of the cost on this one, but I think it’s gorgeous! it’s Essense of Australia’s D1237

The topic ‘Silver Wedding Dresses Under $1000?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors