- 5 years ago
- Wedding: March 2017
So my fiancé and I have been engaged since September, and we are planning to get married in march 2017, so just over a month from now… where I live, it’s normal and totally doable to have 6 month or shorter engagements. We also didn’t want a long engagement, why drag it on if we don’t have to?
My sister got married at the end of August and moved down to Louisiana at the beginning of September, and has since been waiting for her interview and her green card to travel. At the beginning, we were all told, that it might potentially take 3-6 months, but maybe longer, so we went with 6 months, and planned for March.
Well it’s almost march… and we still haven’t heard anything about the interview. That’s all we’re waiting for. There is a chance, that they could deny her at the interview for whatever reason (1 little mistake on the paperwork… it’s government- they can do anything!)
So, despite all of the uncertainty, we tentatively booked everything for march 18, and it’s a matter of calling to confirm, and print and send out invites super quick! I have no doubts that we can do it!
My sister is one of my bridesmaids, and not that we are super close. I have 2 sisters, but I’m closer with my other. Don’t get me wrong, we talk and love each other. It makes me so uneasy to plan a date, knowing that she might not be there. But at the same time, my fiancé and I have waited so long to get married, and things keep coming up and we hate to step on other people’s toes, so we keep putting our lives on hold. Looking back, it’s dumb at times, and thee times we feel we are just being considerate.
At this point we don’t know what to do. I haven’t talked to my sister about it yet, cause I just don’t know how to get my words out right to explain it fully.
The thing with waiting a few months is that my fiancé is going to school for 10 weeks a few weeks after the wedding, so that would take us to summer, which in that case, everything gets booked up so fast for rentals! And even then, we still don’t know if she would be able to come back, so then we are still waiting.
And I’ve been thinking, it’s not just the thing about not having my sister there. I’m losing a bridesmaid, and she won’t be in any of the pictures from the day.
This breaks my heart, and I know it would break hers to not to be there, it and stresses me out to no end! What do we do?!
Thanks in advance!!