- 7 years ago
Just wanted to share a little bit of my sister’s wedding and tips I’ve learned for my own.
1. Firstly – I think everyone should have a wedding planner – at least a DOC and if not, have a point person to handle drama! My sister’s florist only showed up my sis boquet (which was all the wrong color with peach instead of pink), no bridal party or tossed boquet and non of the ceremony decor! When she finally showed up – just before pictures (after the ceremony) she made the wrong flowers for the mother of the bride so she couldn’t wear hers! Wedding planner was able to round up some flowers and make something so at least the groom could have flowers.!…. We didn’t tell my sis till after the ceremony…whew
2. Make sure your backup rain location is somewhere you really like! sis planned an outdoor wedding and it rained thunderstorm cats and dogs. she hated the room, but we were able to get the lighting guy to put lights in there was it wasn’t too horrible – I’ll see today if she liked it 🙂
3. If you feel any way uncomfortable about your dress, don’t shut up until they fix it! My sis dress fit perfectly but I saw where the zipper looked really weird and feared that it would fly right off the dress when zipping her up. Well that didn’t happen but we zipped her up for all of 2 minutes to start putting on her shoes and when she bent down the zipper burst open with the pully thing (technical term?) stuck at the top.
4. Bring lots of white thread! – we had to run to the hotel staff and get tons of thread and needle to sew her into the dress! luckily the zipper is at the side under her arm so no one could really notice, but she was all about to start bawling! Even if yuor DOC has a kit, bring thread, stain remover etc…
5. Capture all memories! The videograher caught the zip break on camera but she asked them to leave while she tried to fix it. Once I saw we were going to have to sew it, I asked her if she could bring them back in. It;s part of the memories and she’ll laugh about it later, especially when the groom hears why the ceremony started 20 minutes late….
6. Have your bridesmaid take pics. I think there will be some my sis which she had with just us that happened before the photog got there.
6. Have fun and don’t sweat it. At the end of the night she was happy. She changed into her second dress after the first dance and toasts (yeap that thread pulled her in tight) and the seond dress had no zipper thank God.
Hope it helps or at least gets you prepared.
Oohh and btw, Mom’s always save the day! Mommy’s handy stitch work was obviously a life saver.