- 7 years ago
- Wedding: January 2011
Needing to do an emotional vent here…..
Waiting…with no wedding plans in sight….sorry this is long
what should I do???
Okay background here been with FI 3 years next month *yay* been happily engaged since Valentine’s Day 2009. We were all excited to hurry up and get married and had talked for just a brief period about Janaury 2010 for the wedding. Well Dear FI lost his job in June of last year and was out of work til Nov 2009. So that put all plans on hold in a major way. Well we came to the conclusion of May 21st of this year *we decided on this date back in August 09* *yay so excited*
I bought dress and some decor, picked out cake flavors, asked people to be my BMs, registered for gifts the whole nine yards. Well 4 months out mom drops bombshell that she hates FI and doesn’t want me to marry him *she’s really only scared about losing her only daughter* and also as I am about to start my last semester of college this fall I’m trying to take all my last min classes. One was being offered in a summer session that I have to have to graduate during May 21st and wouldn’t be offered til next SPring *my school is screwy its on a rotation*
So after all that and many tears we decided August would be a great idea. Looked into small weddings at B & Bs and then doing what we had planned. As of the beginning of June I had not talked to my mom about the new date *I live with my parents and well to be honest I hate drama and I am scared of my mother* As I was working up the courage to tell her…FI’s boss calls him *he works as a retail manager but has been wanting to go to corporate for a while* and says coporate will be calling him to offer him a job in Nashville.
Well the details are fuzzy we don’t know if the job is even worthwhile or the pay or anything. It’s been over a week and still no phone call and now our lives are on hold.
I can’t/don’t want to plan a wedding in August if he’ll be moving 11 hours from soon because I won’t be able to go until Dec when I finish my last semester * I could but it would delay my graduation about a year* but without knowing about his job situation I don’t even know if I should pick a new date for next January or anything or should we try to make plans for August. We’ve both already had to tell people that the wedding was put on and that was embarrassing we don’t want to do tha again.
So with all this rambling behind me what should we do….we really want to get married we live 2 hours apart now and hardly get to see each other with our crazy schedules. Him going to TN for 4 months without me would be hard but I’ve already figured out 2 times I could go visit but I don’t know
Should we get married in August and live apart *I don’t want to do that at all* but at the same time I’m tired of not knowing when I’m getting married.