(Closed) Size 12/14 (street size) brides: Post your dress pics!

posted 9 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
8735 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

My dress is above your price range. I am a street size 14/16 with a curvy shape. 36C on top and 14″ difference between my waist and hips.

Here’s my dress:

And on my wedding day:

And here are some other’s i tried on at pronovias that are under $2,000:

Post # 4
1429 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@Skoochabelle: Here is mine. It’s Maggie Sottero Primavera size 14 I think. I am a size 16/18 but losing weight to fit into her. 

(The flash makes her look shinier than she is)

Good luck in your search.

Post # 5
5667 posts
Bee Keeper

I’m a street size 14, my dress is a 16.

Post # 6
2106 posts
Buzzing bee

I am now officially a street size 12 – at the time I tried on my dress (in the picture), I was a 14, although the dress is a 12.  My waist is a LOT smaller than my huge hips!

Post # 7
1040 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I’m not quite a street size 12, but not totally far away. My pant size varies a lot, from 7-9 and some 12’s. My dress was a 14, though. I think A lines are great, corset backs, and (for me at least) drop waists.

Post # 8
49 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I am more of a 10-12, but am a 36H, so pretty curvy.

Here is my dress!

Post # 9
49 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

not wearing the belt though- think it covered my waist:

Post # 10
588 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I’m a street 12. I may have it altered to a strapless… I haven’t decided yet. I’m 5’2″ 165 and 36Dear Daughter. Also, I’m not wearing a crinoline or spanx in this picture!

Post # 11
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Howdy!  Congrats on your engagement!  Here are the picture from my last bridal salon visit:

San Patrick # 1

second san patrick:

allure without belt:

allure with belt:

and finally,  My dress

front:

back:

Post # 12
615 posts
Busy bee

Loving this thread and seeing real dresses on real brides my own size – keep ’em coming, ladies!

Post # 13
207 posts
Helper bee

@maraschino:Date Twin!

here is a couple that I tried on. All within your budget. I am a street size 14-16

Post # 14
7605 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

View original reply
@miss.nicole: WOW – you look amazing!  Did you choose one of those three!?  I love the 2nd one.  And your smile!  All my pics from the bridal salon my face looks like a goofball, haha.

Post # 15
207 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@Juliepants:Thank you so much! yes I went with the second one! 

Post # 16
215 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2006

Gorgeous dresses ladies.  I think deep V’s with thick straps a very flattering on bigger busts if you can’t carry off the strapless look.  I am a 12-14 and personally hate the little bit of under arm fat I get from strapless.  I also love sweetheart necks and round necks, all with thick straps.  For thicker upper arms, I love love love three quarter length lave sleeves….so classic.  And….what else…I think if you have a short torso or not much waist Alines are flattering.  Coming in  just under the bust and then gradually tapering out.  If you are an hour glass shape with a small waist in contrast to bust and hips straight dresses or fishtai;s are gorgeous.

The topic ‘Size 12/14 (street size) brides: Post your dress pics!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors