(Closed) Size 12/14 (street size) brides: Post your dress pics!

posted 9 years ago in Dress
Post # 17
5109 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2011

SStreet size 14 bridal size 16 

Post # 18
3979 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

My dress kinda took away from my curves in the end somehow. Alterations did that and it is probably the only thing I miss about my dress pre-alterations. It was origionally a sample size 12 with a zipper back that we altered to a corset back to fit my 14 body. Otherwise, here she is!!!

From our Day After shoot:

And because I just can’t get enough of the back of it…

Oh, and because the bustle that manages to pull up all 9 feet of that train just looks to darn good…

Post # 19
81 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Post # 21
609 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2009

Post # 22
341 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I’m a street size 12 and I was nervous about the dress shopping experience, but it was lots of fun…there was lots to try on… you’ll have a great time. 

Post # 23
Hostess
11163 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

I am street size 12/14 depending on the designer.

Here is my dress (Loretta by Sottero and Midgley) and it was a little underk $2k.

Post # 24
471 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’m a street size 10/12….

My Sottero & Midgley is a size 14.

Post # 25
548 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Im a street size 12-14, my dress is a size 16. im 5’1″ and a 38B. I bought my dress from a small boutique at my local mall for $800. It isnt a well known Name Brand dress, the tag said “A&T” as the brand… never heard of it ??

Im looking to sell it after its cleaned ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 27
10713 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

I’;m a size 12 and my dress is also a size 12.

I’m 5’5″ as well.

This is a Demetrios from the blue collection and cost me $2000 after tax

Post # 28
10713 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

I also tried these on (all 12’s)

Post # 29
548 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
@Skoochabelle: I went to Kohls and bought this lingerie thing that just went around my belly (starts under my boobs and stops at the panty line) like a corset, only $25 It worked really great for me, but dont get the strechy kind, get the one with the hook and eyes ๐Ÿ™‚ As for arms, i wished i would have hit the gym a little more before the wedding but oh well, i think i was the only one to notice. Wall push ups are something you can do, it will help, if you do it a couple times a day (once right when you get up and at least one more time during the day, 15-30 reps each time)

Post # 30
721 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

i’m 5’8″, 162lbs and am a street 12 mostly due to my huge hips and butt.  Just tried my dress again yesterday and it was big ๐Ÿ™‚  hoping to lose 12 more pounds by February when fittings start.

Post # 31
3120 posts
Sugar bee

This is my dress when I decided to buy it.  I don’t have a picture of it fitted, YET!  I’m a size 12 but the dress we ordered is a 14.

The topic ‘Size 12/14 (street size) brides: Post your dress pics!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors