(Closed) Skin & Hair help

posted 9 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
900 posts
Busy bee

I break out every now and then so I am preventatively using the prescription stuff I get from a dermatologist before anything bad happens.  So far so good.  I use Triaz cleanser and Benzoclin Gel.  Clear as a bell.

Post # 4
17 posts
Newbee

Try Biotin for your hair. It will grow like a weed.

Post # 5
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 1969

For oily skin, use a liquid cleanser (as opposed to a cream cleanser or bar soap) twice a day.  Wash your face with warm water.  At night before bed, wash your face twice.  Once to get rid of leftover make up (after you use makeup remover).  Twice to clean it fresh.  Use a toner adequate for your skin after cleansing.  If you find toner too harsh, use simple witch hazel, which can be found at any drug store or health food store.  Toner refreshes your skin, helping close up your pores.  To moiturize, apply a gel moisturizer, like Clinique’s DDMG, instead of a regular heavy moisturizer.  Gels also refreshen skin and close up your pores.

For weekly or biweekly treatments, you can use a scrub that isn’t too harsh, like St. Ives’ apricot scrub.  First cleanse, then scrub.  If you have zits that need picking, you do so after scrubbing.  Make sure your fingers are clean and use a soft thin cloth to pick the blemish.  Once blood starts to come out, you’re done.  You can use hydrogen peroxide to disinfect.  You can put on a mask afterward, but apply toner before applying the mask.  Try using a lavender mask or a chamomile mask.  They are both relaxing and have repairing qualities.  Sulfur masks also have repairing qualities.  When your mask is ready to come off, rinse with really cold water to close up your pores.  You can tone and either apply moisturizer or just sunscreen alone.  Make sure your sunscreen has at least titanium dioxide.  Zinc oxide is another key ingredient.  If you’ve gotten a facial with a scrub included, don’t go out in the soon.  Avoid it for at least a day. You can also apply cortisone or betadine on your blemish to help it go away.

For wearing make up, tinted moisturizers favor oily skin over foundations.  You can use your gel moisturizer on your driest areas, in case you have combination skin, and apply the tinted moisturizer all over your face.  Apply make up as you normally do.  Avoid cream blushes.  Powders are tricky.  Stick to loose over pressed.  Pressed powders tend to cake up on your face, thus clogging your pores, thus your pores producing more oil.  If your face gets shiny, use blotting sheets, preferrably ones made out of a natural fiber.  If you’d like to use a primer, depending on the primer, skip the gel moisturizer and apply the primer on your face, then the tinted moisturizer.  Or, instead of primer, you can use sunscreen (and also instead of moisturizer) before applying on your make up.  Sunscreen will hold your makeup in place too!  If your makeup doesn’t already have an SPF, then you should use the sunscreen regardless (everyone should use sunscreen!). 

Besides a beauty regimen, drinking lots of water is of huge importance!  My sister, who is an esthetician, taught me the drinking water formula for healthy skin.  Take your weight and divide it by 2.  Take the results and divide it by 8.  The number you get is the amount of 8 oz. glasses you should drink a day.

Of course, the condition of your skin is dictated by genetics, but we can help make it better and maintain it.  It won’t cure your face, but it will help.  It’s the best we can do. 

As for hair, my brother used to crush birth control pills into his shampoo to get his hair to grow fast.  It helped!  I’ve also heard that aloe promotes hair growth.  Brushing your hair upside down and massaging the scalp also promotes hair growth.  Trimming your hair every 1.5-2 months also promotes hair growth.

I hope that helps!

Post # 6
2066 posts
Buzzing bee

Take prenatal vitamins to get your hair to grow super fast.  

If you are experimenting with face products, go to Sephora.  They have the best return policy – they will take anything back, even if you’ve tried it and didn’t like it.  They also will give samples of anything and everything. 

The topic ‘Skin & Hair help’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors