(Closed) Slim/Modern fit suits, & where in the heck to find them!?

posted 9 years ago in Grooms/men
Post # 3
42 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2009

Your best bets at finding modern fit suits will be at j.crew or at banana republic.  They have online services as well.

Also brooks brothers might have some.

Post # 4
4465 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Also, my fiance has some suits from Alfani at Macy’s which are “European” cut and quite fitted.  They come in several colors as well and are pretty affordable.

Post # 5
98 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

We had the same problem, but ended up having the groom get a custom made suit for him.

Post # 6
2781 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Brooks Brothers or Hugo Boss would be my best bet. I don’t know if you get Moss Bros over in the US of A but if you do maybe that’d be worth a look-see too.

Post # 7
15 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1969

We bought a Calvin Klein modern fit suit at Men’s Wearhouse. You might want to check there since they have great sales. We got the groom and best man’s suits 2 for 1!

Post # 8
715 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

Brooks Brothers, J Crew, Banana Republic are my Guy’s staples.

Post # 9
647 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

We’re having the same issue!  The slimmest cut suit at Banana Republic is their “Modern Cut,” but it isn’t particularly slim cut at all.  We’ve had the best luck at H&M of all places, but the only selection you have is what’s in the store. 

Post # 10
2205 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

Can’t afford these, but love them all the same: j.crew and banana republic.  H&M might be a great deal too, though!  They have some sweet styles.

Post # 11
245 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I suggest all of the above and you might even want to try Zara if you have one in your area. Great prices/great style!!!

Post # 13
101 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

My husband got a really great suit at Bloomingdales.  I think the brand was Hugo Boss.  He gets great deals on suits.  The suit he got was originally about $900 and he got it for $300.  You should figure out the suit you want and then WAIT.  Just keep an eye on it online.  They can go on big time sales.

Here is his suit.

[attachment=360765,46064]

Post # 14
530 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

In my book, Brooks Brothers is still quite boxy and traditional — unless you go for their Thom Brown suits, aka "Black Fleece," which cost TEN ZILLION DOLLARS. I got the attached slim suit for my foxy fiance, and it has a pretty good, quite slim and modern, fit: ALDRIDGE FINE-STRIPE suit. (Tho, in true J Crew style, the photo really doesn’t represent the cut! I honestly think they clothespin or tape everything they sell to make the cut super-sharp. Once home, it’s a bit more standard than this… but still the slimmest, sharpest suit I could find for the price.)

[attachment=361955,46248] [attachment=361955,46249]

The topic ‘Slim/Modern fit suits, & where in the heck to find them!?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors