Small Fibroid – 2020 Update

posted 1 month ago in Wellness
Post # 2
2364 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

View original reply
@indyJEEP:  Wow, bee. You’ve been through a lot with this fibroid. (And I personally love the part in your story about you and your hubby laughing about farts during your recovery – the couple that laughs together stays together). I’m not sure that I have much to add to your specific experience. But, I did have a fibroid while I was pregnant with my son that did very much concern my doctors. Luckily, baby boy kept growing just fine and the fibroid did not interfere but I was constantly being monitored. I cannot begin to fathom how having to undergo such an invasive surgery and tough recovery has been for you. But I just wanted to say that I’m relieved this fibroid will no longer be an issue for you as you TTC and bring a healthy baby into this world. Good luck and good health to you, OP.

Post # 3
39 posts
Newbee

Thank you for posting . I won’t be as much help because I am looking for help. I’ve been having heavy bleeding since I was 12 and 13. When I entered my 20s doctors just basically threw birth control at me to control. I hate it because I left like it wasn’t enough and many I wasn’t even sexually active . I finally I did a find a good doctor that did a ultrasound . Four or five fibroids were found and my doctor did some more herbal approaches.

Now, I sit at 31 and I have a 15 week enlarged uterus as of last year with multiple fibroids. Since last year symptoms are really excessive ( bloating, chills, nausea, back pain so bad ) . I can actually feel the fibroid in my pelvic area it sticks a sore thumb sometimes especially when period comes on. Last year, the biggest one about 7 , possibly way bigger now. It’s been a tough time because I have no insurance. I got close to have insurance at my new job and then this pandemic came and ruined it. I think I really need surgery and just want it out. It interferes with my sex life and life in general. I would like TTC this year , but I need to get this looked at first. 

Post # 6
2255 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2019

Wow! So sorry you had to go through all of that! I had a really bad fibroid as well and underwent multiple hysteroscopic myomectomys to remove it all. Basically my doctor just kept shaving it down, it would come back and she would be able to get more of it each time. I had an initial surgery and then a year or so later had 3 surgeries in 18mos, but that finally seemed to do it! I was having a lot easier time, but it started to come back right around wedding planning time. I was hoping to have one more surgery before we went on our honeymoon, but we decided to start TTC instead. I luckily got pregnant on month 2 and so I never did anything about the fibroid. I know that the doctor saw it on the original 8 week ultrasound but hasn’t seen it since so at least its not in the way of anything! It will be interesting to see if I need surgery after again or what pregnancy does to it. Good luck in your TTC journey! 

ETA: I just want to say anyone who is dealing with fibroids should absolutely find a doctor willing to treat them. I initially had a male doctor and he was too afraid to do the hysteroscopic myomectomy because he was worried about effecting my ability to conceive. So they were just left untreated for years and I was completely miserable. I went on vacation to Mexico and I was literally changing a tampon over a 5gal bucket in the back of a boat. I was also just leaking all over. It was so embarrassing. When I got a new doctor and explained what was going on she was immediately like “you can’t live like that” and scheduled the first surgery. I had to do multiple because they kept growing back, and she was trying to get as close as possible without hitting the wall and effecting my chances of conceiving. It was so much better after that, and the hysteroscopic myomectomy was an easy recovery. A day in sweats with some Advil and I was good to go! The only reason I had so many in quick succession was because as soon as it even started to come back, we wanted to go in there and get it all if possible. Once I am finished having kids we will get a little more aggressive on fishing it out. But seriously the surgeries improved my quality of life so much. It was like night and day! I no longer felt like I just couldn’t do stuff! 

Post # 7
2364 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

View original reply
@indyJEEP:  Honestly, I don’t even know. I was so focused on asking if it was affecting the baby that I never really focused on it after he was born healthy.

Post # 9
4233 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

View original reply
@indyJEEP:  I remember commenting on your thread many years back re: fibroids and cysts which I suffer with as well. I’m sorry to hear you’re having such trouble with the fibroid and all your surgeries. I hope things get better for you and good luck with TTC, wishing you the best. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors