(Closed) Small wedding- RSVP decline rate?

posted 6 years ago in Etiquette
  • poll: For weddings

    Everyone showed up!

    10%

    20%

    More!

  • Post # 2
    Member
    400 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2015

    View original reply
    VABride1986:  It will depend on several factors:

    -Amount of notice and whether the guest can take time off work

    -Day of the week

    -No Children Policy (or not)

    I invited 130 guests and 30% declined. I still have another 20% that have not responded and my guess is that they will also decline. So I’m forecasting overall 40-50% decline.

    Post # 3
    Member
    784 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2016

    View original reply
    VABride1986:  We will invite about 60, I expect about 45. Maybe a little more. 

    Post # 4
    Member
    899 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2014 - 11/15/14-Vineyard

    We invited 92, 66 RSVP’d YES and we had 6 no shows for 60 total so about 30% decline rate.

    Post # 6
    Member
    1124 posts
    Bumble bee

    For ours it wasn’t the RSVP acceptance rate that was the problem- it was that 10 people from DH’s side didn’t show up after RSVPing for various reasons. Not a huge deal because we expected some no-shows, but still, even with rsvps you never really know!

    Post # 7
    Member
    1907 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: February 2015

    We only invited 50 guests and everyone showed up plus a couple of extra lol! And we got married on a Sunday FYI.

    Post # 8
    Member
    2989 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2008

    I sent out 50 invites and had 28 people RSVP yes. Had two guests RSVP and not come, and one guest not RSVP at all and show up, which blew my mind because I had an island destination wedding. 

    Post # 9
    Member
    240 posts
    Helper bee

    I’d at another factor:

    -Travel distance

    We are expecting 50-60% to attend, but some family had already declined before we invited them.

    Post # 10
    Member
    112 posts
    Blushing bee

    We went from being over capacity at our venue to barely making our minimum. In the end it came down to us not knowing our guest list well. A few family members didn’t want to travel so then the majority of that family branch decided not to come at all. I think the best thing you can do is actually talk to those you’re thinking about inviting and get a feel. But keep in mind people may add or back out at the last minute depending on how flakey the people you invited are 🙂

    Post # 11
    Member
    584 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2016

    You never know. If you have given enough notice usually more can make it. I had invkres 170 and 155 arrived. 

    Post # 12
    Member
    141 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2015

    I think it really depends on where the majority of your guests live in relation to your wedding location/ the day of the week.  for example, if your wedding is on a sunday and you’re inviting a lot of out of towners, you will probably get more “no’s” than you would if your entire family lives within the same radius and your wedding is on a saturday.  I would suggest sending your invites out as early as possible if you are planning on sending out invites to “back ups” as you get “no’s”. good luck 🙂

    Post # 13
    Member
    43 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: March 2015

    23 invited and all came. We didn’t actually do invites, it was all verbal. 

    Post # 14
    Member
    1183 posts
    Bumble bee

    We’re inviting 65 and would be expecting around 55-60 to RSVP yes. We’re tying the knot on a Saturday in August. About 50% guests are immediate family or within 2 hours of the venue. 

    Post # 15
    Member
    101 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: April 2015

    View original reply
    VABride1986:  We invited 60 “couples” (and everyone got a plus one AND children were invited so really it’s more like 120 ppl invited) and we had about a 50% decline rate. I was really bummed but it also freed up some money for me to do a few more special things. We gave a lot of advance notice but I guess there’s nothing you can do about it if someone just doesn’t want to make it out for the wedding (for whatever reason). A lot people aren’t bringing +1’s either. We’re going to end up with about 55 people total (including us). While I was depressed at first, I’m 3 weeks away from getting married and I’m not going to let it spoil our day or all the effort I’ve put in so far.

    • This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by jmarisec.

    The topic ‘Small wedding- RSVP decline rate?’ is closed to new replies.

    Find Amazing Vendors