(Closed) SMALL weddings – include parents in processional & recessional?

posted 7 years ago in Ceremony
  • poll: should i have my parents walk in the processional and recessional?
    yes - doesn't matter how little guests you have the audience : (7 votes)
    64 %
    no - might as well have them sit the whole time, in the front row of course : (4 votes)
    36 %
  • Post # 3
    6893 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: March 2012

The one I went to, the parents were just already sitting and stood up to give the bride/groom a kiss/hug whatever. I think it’s fine.

Post # 4
    3671 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: March 2011

We had a small wedding and everyone but my brother and I were already at the gazebo.  Our parents were already up there (I would say sitting but seeing as we had no chairs delivered – all but my mom who had a wheelchair were standing) and his two best men were already up there with him.  

Post # 5
    1371 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

I’d just pick whatever you and your parents want.  We let our parents sort of decide what they wanted to do.  I think any way will be fine!

Post # 7
    849 posts
    Busy bee

I think it would be fine either way

Post # 8
    2550 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

I would ask your parents.  I will be acknowledging parents but only my Maid/Matron of Honor and I will walk down the aisle.  No groomsmen cause Fiance doesn’t want one.

Post # 9
    554 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

My wedding is going to be about the same size as yours (also on the beach) and we plan to have our parents (mothers) sitting from the start. We do plan to acknowledge them, but I will be the only one actually walking down the aisle. We don’t have any bridesmaids/groomsmen either because if we did we wouldn’t have hardly anyone in the audience and we wanted everyone to enjoy the ceremony as a guest and keep it about the two of us.

The topic ‘SMALL weddings – include parents in processional & recessional?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors