- 7 years ago
- Wedding: October 2011
I know that it may not be ethical to give firm advice, but if anyone can give me a direction on where to take this, that would be great.
In the end of July, we were looking to buy a car and provided a certain amount for a deposit to have the financials checked. We were told that if we changed our mind, we could go in and request a refund that would be returned in the form of a check within 30 days. That was requested at the end of July as well, about 5 or 6 days after we put down the money originally.
In the beginning of September, we realized we hadn’t received the refund so I called. Basically, I got a lot of untrue stories–it was there to be picked up though I could have it credited, it was credited when it was in fact NOT credited back, etc. And now, we’re at the point where the “top managers” were supposed to sign for the refund process last Friday, as well as yesterday, and now today. So each of these days, the manager was “supposed” to be there, and for whatever reason has not been there to sign it. Supposedly. I was just told that today they “should” be there, but if not today, it may be tomorrow.
This is really a frustrating situation, in large part because I’ve felt like I’ve had to try and be meaner than I normally am. I mean, I NEVER yell at people on the phone or get upset…really it’s totally not in my nature. And just now I did only because I felt like it’s what I needed to do to try and have something happen. And nothing different happened…I’m still getting the same story of “we have to wait for the manager’s signature.”
We really need this money right now, because we’re waiting to buy two more big expenses with the money when it comes in. And as of now, I really am at a loss of what else I can do except to keep calling and saying what’s going on.
Does anyone have any suggestions?