No one has ever lost weight who eats every time they feel hungry.
The thing to do is switch your midset to almost enjoy feeling hungry. We have a real problem in countries of plenty where we never learned to have an intermediate step between feeling hungry and sticking some food in our mouths.
A really good practice is to set yourself some time limits. At first, maybe you wait 30 minutes to eat when you feel hungry. Then gradually increase that to an hour. Then 90 minutes. What this will do is it will allow time for your blood sugar to even out, it will allow time for your stomach to empty and shrink a little. Over time, you will begin to prefer feeling a little hungry to constantly having food in your system.
When you constantly have food in your system, your blood sugar is constantly shifting, your hormonal system is constantly working to compensate, and a lot of your organs are under stress to be constantly working. Because of all these constant shifts, your mood is also a lot less stable.
You might look into Intermittent Fasting. I start eating around noon or 1pm and am done eating by 7 or 8pm. This gives my body ~18 solid hours to rest and relax, my blood sugar to even out, my stomach organ to shrink down to its normal size, my mood to stabilize, etc.
As for snacks, I maintain a very lean physique, and here’s how I snack:
– keep 1 large bowl of fruit out: bananas, tangerines, grapefruit, oranges, berries, apples
– keep 1 bowl of mixed nuts out: walnuts, almonds, cashews
– keep 1 bowl of shelled pistachios out: the shells slow you down
– plain greek yogurt with berries or granola
– avocado slices with himalayan salt
– small chucks of dark chocolate
– keep white cheddar cheese in the fridge and cut off chunks (usually my after-work snack before dinner)
– gluten free crackers with snack-size quacamole (holy quacamole)
– occassional KIND bar (https://www.kindsnacks.com/healthy-grains-bars/oats-honey-with-toasted-coconut-M18052.html) They taste like Rice Krispy Treats!
ETA: I have a 40oz Hydroflask and drink 3 of them a day. I weigh 103 lbs. I finish the first around 11am. Second around 3pm. Last close to bed time.