(Closed) SO & female friends

posted 11 years ago in Relationships
Post # 32
445 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2007

I’m totally going to be the devil’s advocate here (sorry!). If this girl were a guy that he worked with who was a total jerk, would you be as upset? I just say that b/c it sounds as if her boyfriend is there everytime they hang out (so it’s not that he’s going over to spend time with only her) and in another post, you mentioned that this was the first time he’s hung out with them in months. Now, I may not like every single one of my husband’s friends, but he’s obviously friends with them for a reason, and I trust his judgement. The same goes for him with my friends. The fact that he invites you along and wants you to come along each time shows me that he has no interest in this girl romantically – he just likes to hang out with her and her boyfriend as a couple.

I have a very dear girlfriend who I only get to see on occasion, and her Fiance is really a very weird guy. But because he makes her happy, I’m fine with him. The same goes for my husband. Usually, when we hang out, he’s stuck talking to her Fiance b/c we girls are chatting it up like crazy. Not his ideal way of spending his Friday or Saturday night, but he does it b/c he knows how important the friend is to me. I think the same goes for your Fiance. Obviously, these two friends are important to him, otherwise he wouldn’t be friends with them. It would be really nice to spend one Friday night every few weeks with them b/c it’s important to him even though you think her behavior is offensive in general. So, try it out, and let him know that you expect him to do the same in return when something is really important to you. Or…he owes you a chick flick movie night for hanging out with them Smile

The topic ‘SO & female friends’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors