(Closed) SO Cal wedding for $5000 (ceremony and reception) 30-50 people – advice needed!

posted 7 years ago in Money
Post # 3
177 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

View original reply
Malgosia:  I know ideally you said beach, but if your open to a rooftop wedding Downtown LA the Oviatt Penthouse fits your budget. This is the venue we first looked at before deciding on a Destination Wedding in Cancun, MX.  You can rent it out for $3800 if your willing to have a Friday or Sunday wedding. They have an onsite caterer they work with that have packages starting at $58/pp, but I’m sure you could customize and get a cheaper menu. The great thing about them is that they include chairs (chilvari), tables, flatware, glassware and a whole lot of other things that are great! The main reason why we loved this venue is the breathtaking view of DTLA at night and also you can bring in your own alcohol/juices/sodas etc. You just need to rent their bartenders at $25/hr. Good luck! 

Post # 4
758 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

This HAS to be possible. I live on Long Island and i’m positive i could do that. It’s a hard choice since most of your guests are from out of town but could you do a Friday Wedding? Or even a less expensive Sunday wedding? I say visit a bunch of vendors and pit them against each other and get crafty! I can offer a suggestion (because i’m crafty) Make your centerpieces if you can. There are tons of ideas on Pinterest. I made all my centerpieces for my engagement party so they cost me next to nothing. We did a fall theme (since that’s when we got engaged) i collected pine cones outside so those were free. My dad cut down a dying tree that that the neighbors needed removed so that was free. I bought tea light candles from Bed bath and beyond with a 20% off coupon so that was $5. I bought ribbon from Michaels craft store with 50% off coupons (i went back a few times since they only let me use 1 coupon per day) and that cost me $10. The leaves i got from Amazon for $12. I spent $27 on centerpieces for 10 tables and they looked amazing. You just have to be thrifty and think outsides the box. If you’re doing a beach theme Your centerpieces could be large vases. I’ve seen them for $19.99 but get a 50% off coupon and now they’re $10 each. Fill them with sand you get at the beach (free) and some sea shells and sea glass (free) and a nice pillar candle (you can probably grab those at the dollar store) and you have a lovely centerpiece. Think 60 people max you’re looking at 6 tables with 6 center pieces. $70 for 6 tables! Flowers are crazy expensive so that’s a place you can save money. Make your invitations! Print your own programs! If you go to a restaurant they might offer packages with a limited menu (only like 5 choices) if you’re doing a sit down, and that might be a little more affordable. My friends didd a beach wedding. Since we live on Long Island this is also a popular choice and the scenary is beyond beautiful so i’d love to see pictures of your wedding!! I hope everything works for you!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by daniellemc.
Post # 5
2595 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2019

View original reply
Malgosia:  Neff Park in La Mirada CA Has a barn and gazebo you can use for like $1180 ($400 of that is the refundable deposyit)!! There is a link of someone who had their wedding there.

Our Wedding!!

Post # 6
2655 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
Malgosia:  I live in Chicago so not even as expensive as CA , I really do not see how you are going to do a reception for 30 people on $5k. Especially if that budget includes EVERYTHING( invites? flowers? rings?)

Maybe do a beach ceremony like early afternoon and follow it by cake and punch or something. Sorry to be a debbie downer but that budget is not realistic for any type of sit down reception- Unless you are planning on not feeding people?

5k might get you food and drinks for 30 and thats it.

Post # 12
1726 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

It’s totally possible! You just have to be realistic with your expectations. Think weekday wedding in the afternoon at an all inclusive. No flowers except for bouquets. Buy a dress off the rack. Have a family friend take photos or go on Craigslist and find someone looking to build their portfolio. You can do it!

Post # 13
20 posts
Newbee

I’m in Orange county and have a $5,000 budget as well, so some of these ideas were super helpful!!  If I find more, I’ll come back and share!

Post # 14
2563 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
Malgosia:  Have you thought about parks?

There is a pretty cool historical park in Simi Valley, CA (about 45 mins north of LAX) and it is so cheap to rent out! I am sure there are a bunch of options like this around SoCal, but i just love the look of this one. 

http://www.simihistory.com/#!rentals/c12wa

The topic ‘SO Cal wedding for $5000 (ceremony and reception) 30-50 people – advice needed!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors