(Closed) So I got my M&Ms in today… (QUESTION)

posted 7 years ago in Favors
Post # 5
149 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I think putting them in the fridge would be a good idea to make sure they do not melt. I do not think they would expire in two months in the original packaging though. I am not sure, but that is my opinion!   Good luck!  🙂 

Post # 6
642 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

M&Ms will not go bad.  I wouldn’t put them in the fridge though…when you take them out you might have condensation which could make the colors run.  Just put them in your pantry until ready to make favors.

Post # 7
5496 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2010

Yep, as long as you keep them sealed, they should stay fresh! I don’t think you need to put them in the fridge. I wouldn’t put the candy in the jars until a few weeks before the wedding.

Post # 8
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

DO NOT put them in the fridge and/or freezer. They will get ruined. You can make your favors now, and then store them in a cool dry place and they will be perfectly fine.

Post # 9
622 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

You shouldn’t put chocolate in the fridge its the worse thing to do for chocolate, on top of that the condensation from the cold will make the m&m color run and if you have different colors that would be a mess along with no one will eat them! i would keep them in a sealed bag in a cool dry (not too hot not too cold…like goldilocks :)) and then if the jars will be sealed i would say probably 2-3 weeks before the wedding you could make the favors but i would try for 2 weeks to be on the safe side! good luck!!!

Post # 10
7300 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

Just throw them in your pantry until you need them. They won’t expire. 

Post # 11
37 posts
Newbee

They should be fine out of the fridge.  We had ours for months before the wedding and just put them in a box in a closet that wasn’t hot.  They were fine.

Post # 12
207 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Calgary Opera Centre

I always figure if the grocery store doesn’t refrigerate it, I don’t need to!

Post # 13
93 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

We got the M&M’s for my sis wedding and they say do not place them in the fridge,because the moisture can ruin them. Leave them in a cool dry place. You can make the favors now or weeks before the wedding. Think about the m&m”s in the store they dont get ruined either 🙂

The topic ‘So I got my M&Ms in today… (QUESTION)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors