- 5 years ago
- Wedding: July 2018
We have only just started planning our wedding and already family is getting involved and starting to stress me out. I’m not really looking for advice, just venting!
The plan is to have a simple ceremony, followed by dinner at a nice restaurant. Then later on in the night drinks somewhere fun for anyone who’s interested. Originally we wanted to elope (second marriage for both of us) and weren’t going to invite anyone but our families would like to be there, so we’re leaving the invitation open to immediate family members. We will have no bridal party, no dancing, nothing formal, we just want to get married. We are 99% sure that it will be a destination wedding. Both sets of parents are fine travelling anywhere anytime. Future Sister-In-Law and her family live in a different province to us so even if it was at home they would still have to travel here, there’s no chance that we would have the wedding where they live. So here’s the “issues” that we have already…
– My sister is a student so she doesn’t want us to get married during the school year because it’s not convenient for her
– Future Sister-In-Law is demanding that her kids be flower girl and ringbearer. We don’t want a bridal party!
– Future Sister-In-Law is calling us selfish and refusing to come to our wedding if it’s a destination wedding because she “can’t travel with kids”
– Pretty much everyone is pushing for us to have a New Years wedding. I get that they all think it will be fun and would like to travel for NYE, but! I got married at New Years last time… I don’t want to do it again and have the same anniversary. They keep telling me that it doesn’t matter and I should think about how much better then is for all of them but I don’t agree. I really don’t want to get married then! Is that wrong of me?!
– My mom is pushing a location that we’re not really that into because she wants to go there. It’s frustrating. She says she can go anywhere at any time but she’s still trying to push what she wants. Whenever her friends want her to drop everything and go on vacation she goes without a second thought, with me though she still has to try to get the last say.
I’m SO jealous of all you bees who eloped without any issues!