Post # 1
So, I spent too much time online looking at romatic pictures of DIY wedding stuff. I thought I was cut out for it… I am not, not on this scale. I have been making fabric flowers for months and months. SO many glue gun blisters 🙁 Today I think I have actually finished with the flowers!
Bridesmaid shoe clips,
I actually don’t like how these turned out because of my ribbon wrapping skills. So I remade them, the new ones are the second pic.
I made wrist Corsages too…
And our bouquets..
The pictures dont really do anything for any of this work at all. I am hoping my photographer will make sure and get lots of pictures of all my hard work. I also still have 2 shopping bags full of the flowers I used on the shoes left. I am going to use them to decorate the ceremony some how. I will deal with that later though. I am SO HAPPY its all done!
Post # 3
Everything looks beautiful! What did you use for a base for the bouquets that you made? I’ve made lots of fabric flowers but I can’t seem to find a base that gives it the shape that I want.
Post # 4
- Wedding: April 2018 - SLS Las Vegas
@Nel13: I love love love all the vibrant colors in your centerpieces! And the rock candy is brilliant! Great job!
Post # 5
Wow, they all look amazing.
Post # 6
Your flowers are gorgeous. Definitely tell your photographer to get a lot of pictures 🙂
Post # 7
Wow, that must have been so much work!!!
Great job! & I also really like the boutonnieres after you changed them 🙂
Post # 8
@jlpang: for all the flowers I used in the bouquets I added wire stems to them. Then I put them all into these things.
I actually poked all the wire stems out threw the bottom of it and then wrapped them around the handle. It got really difficult with my bouquet when I had most of the flowers in cause I had TONS of wires sticking outnthe bottom. I found if I wrapped any of them to get them outta the way, i ended up having to unwrap again cause I didnt like where the flowers were. When I was done I wrapped all the wires around the handle, I then wrapped wires/handle in white electrical tape. Then in paper towel which was hot glued down and then wrapped it in ribbon. It wa a long process and lots of trial and error.
@cocoly: I just watched a lot of youtube videos on how to make the flowers. Read someones blog about adding wire stems to them. I also found the first of anything that I made was always not very good lol usually took me 1 attempt at making anything to figure it out. NEVER glue anything the first time lol