Post # 1
Ok – so this is what I’ve done / am doing for DIY for our wedding in June:
1. DIY Save the Date’s (completed in December / sent out with Christmas cards)
2. DIY invitations (took a year to do – completed and sent out last week, people are getting and I’ve gotten a LOT of complements!)
3. DIY programs – hanging fans for the ceremony chairs – have about 100 to do. still in process
4. DIY guest book – ordered the scrapbook for this today – created the pages in photoshop – still need to put together
5. DIY centerpieces – bought all the vases and flowers – created all the paper lanterns – those are done, my friend at work is putting the flowers together for me.
6. DIY favors – wrapped candy bars – created the graphic in photoshop – now we’ll just need to print and wrap.
and with just a little over 3 months left – I will be BUSSSSSSSSY for the next 3 months! :p
what about all of you?
Post # 3
Everything you are doing is also what I’m doing and I’m still working on my invites but I’m getting close to being done–I’m getting married in September. I’m also doing cute beverage cards for the dispensers we’ll have (iced tea, lemonade, mixed, etc), a fun menu board at the beginning of the buffet line, maybe I’m doing my bouquet but I’m not sure (not having wedding party) and our guest book is actually one of those Quaker Marriage Licenses. My Future Mother-In-Law is going to paint the edges with some pretty stuff, not sure what just yet, but I’ll do the pretty lettering and spacing for where every will write their names.
Post # 4
Here’s what I’ve made:
1) Guestbook of engagement photos from My Publisher
2) DIY Party blowers
3) Escort Card Boards
4) Ring Bearer Pillow
5) Reserved signs for the family at the ceremony
6) Centerpieces (DIY’d my votives with decorative package sealing tape and ribbon)
Here’s what I’m working on:
1) Paddle fan programs (partially finished)
2) Giant Moss covered monograms (partially finished)
3) Menus (nothing yet)
4) Candy Buffet (waiting to buy candies after Easter, bought the containers already)
5) Flip Flop Basket (bought the flip flops and got the basket, need to label)
6) Water Bottle labels (designed but need to print out and “laminate” with package sealing tape)
Post # 5
I am DIYing…
favors (well i am ordering the boxes online but putting together the bags of candies myself)
So far invitations have gone out (those took SOOOO much work but was worth it – have been getting tons of compliments), I have the paper for the menus but haven’t printed and cut yet, and the favors I’m just waiting on the last of the RSVPs so I know how many to order! The programs I’m doing as well, but I’m lost on where to begin with those…
Post # 6
I am doing caramel apples and flowers in jars for my aisle. I will do these a couple days before the wedding. Something like this, although I am using colored flowers.
Post # 7
ooo i forgot… i’m DIYing escort cards as well
Post # 8
So far I’m DIYing
- Invitations (just ordered the swatches)
- Guest Book (buying a framed signing mat & pen, but personalizing it with new last name)
- centerpieces (haven’t even decided what to do yet)
- candy buffet (haven’t bought anything yet)
- menu & food & groom’s cake
- escort cards
- my bouquet, bouts, 2 small bouquets or single flowers for the girls
I might end up taking on even more, we’ll see.
Post # 9
-STDs (done & sent out in January)
-Photosharing Cards (printed from Vistaprint)
-Invitations: work in progress (designed but not printed)
-Table Numbers: work in progress (designed but not printed)
-Guestbook (ordered the book, just need to make the scrapbook!)
-Guestbook pens (will probably attach pretty fake flowers to an acid free pen)
Not started (deadline)
-Pew bows (August)…still can’t decide if I want these or not.
-Place Cards (September)
-Rehearsal dinner invitations (July)
Post # 10
@sboston I honestly would forego the flower on the pen, but that’s just me. I’ve never really liked having to hold floral tape (the texture bugs my skin) or tape. I dunno, just feels weird to me and if you’re not careful it makes the pen top heavy and can mess up people’s writing as they try to compensate.
Post # 11
Woooow! You ladies are DIY super STARS! We’re spending a bunch on the venue, food, & DOCs, so we’re mostly just DIYing the paper stuff.
- Save-The-Date Cards: DVDs, sent in October
- Invites: Mostly designed (waiting on guests’ info…we’re personalizing it a bit) & waiting to print; will send by Easter
- Reserved seating cards for ceremony, making during Spring Break
- Program (Catholic): making during Spring Break
- Program (outdoor): handheld fans, designed & waiting to print
- Thank yous: DVDs, mostly put together (waiting on ceremony/reception pics to put together slideshow)
Umm…I think I have a BUSY Spring Break coming up! Good Luck with your projects, ‘bees!
Post # 12
eeek.. im only doing
Table numbers (done)
favours (working on it)
and earrings for the bridemaids gifts
maybe the cakes? not THE wedding cake, just the one for variety sake
i have two toddlers my time is pretty limited
Post # 13
oh and im also doing river rock escort cards.. umm i guess they are rocks… i got the idea for that right here on weddingbee its a much cheaper alternative
Post # 14
@Toffee…thanks! One less thing for me to worry about. Fiance thinks it’s a dumb idea anyway!
Forgot to add that I am also sewing little purses for my shower hostess gifts. Almost finished with those!
Post # 15
I’m thinking about doing fabric flowers to decorate with, but I’m not sure at this point just how I’d use them to decorate.