(Closed) So what doyou have done so far….June 2010 Brides!!

posted 11 years ago in June 2010
Post # 17
289 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

We have the ceremony and reception site booked, as well as the DJ. The colors are decided and we’ve pretty much settled on a florist, just have to finalize. I’d say we’re ok for still being over a year out, and I plan to do a lot more this summer 🙂

Post # 18
317 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

We haver ceremony, reception booked. Have order my dress. Photographer, invitations. Bridal party and even decided on the girls dresses. Colors choosen as well

Post # 19
152 posts
Blushing bee

So far, we have the church and the reception site booked.  We need to meet with the caterer, but he’s the only one we can use at our site, so that’s been decided.  I’ve asked a couple friends to be my bridesmaids and told his sister-in-law that we want his youngest niece to be the flower girl. Oh, and we’ve decided on our colors!

Post # 20
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Oh my oh my! I feel so behind reading your posts. I am in sort of a frustrating situation of having to plan my wedding long distance.  I am in the military living in Nebraska trying to plan a California wedding for June 12th 2010 (That is unless my FI’s deployment schedule gets in the way.) I have spent many many overwhelming hours on the internet looking for venues ($,$,$, and $) and Just started figuring out a color scheme in my head. I just got the last of my announcements out (whew!) Did you know it’s impossible to do anything with out a date? You probably do. So this is my pressure release vent. I am really excited, just difficult from so far with the not being able to check places out and meet venders in person. We do have our registry completed and a potential photographer. OH and the colors. We have colors. Deep fiery oranges, deep purples, lots and lots of green with maybe copper dresses for my girls.

Post # 21
661 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - The Mountain Terrace, Woodside, CA

Man, I feel like I’ve already done so much, so I’ve put my giant "to do" list into my Google calendar to spread it out a bit more!  I’ve got the ceremony/reception site booked, photographer, room block, website almost done, decided on the cupcake baker, and made and sent the wedding party invites (everyone is out of state).  I’ve then spent hours and hours doing mock ups in PhotoShop, since I can’t visualize anything!  I’ve got custom shoes, all the invites, place cards, programs, save the dates, thank you cards, cupcake stand, arch, favors, how the tables should be arranged, place settings, flower arrangements and a card box all mocked up on my computer!  Once I actually make all these things, I’ll be sure to post my PhotoShop vision along side the actual finished product, so everyone can see how well (or poorly) my mock up craziness went!

Post # 22
187 posts
Blushing bee

@ CAbrideinNE – I know what you mean! I’m just at school in a different city, though, so I’ll be home (in the city we’re getting married in) for the summer and will hopefully get a lot of the planning done. I saw you’re both in the Air Force – That’s awesome. My best friend and her Fiance are also both in the Air Force so I kinda know what you’re going through! Best of luck!

Post # 23
134 posts
Blushing bee

Considering that I am overseas, we’ve done a lot, thanks in part to my fiance! Because of him, we have the ceremony and more recently the reception booked, which is big (nice to know that date in that venue is ours for sure). I’ve asked all my bridesmaids and he has asked two groomsmen including his best man. I have tons of ideas and inspiration photos and to do lists, but I’m really excited to get back to the US in early June to really jump into action! I have a meeting with a photographer set up, and I’d like to set up a meeting with our catering manager and start dress shopping in June or early July! I’m really excited to start "planning for real" once I am back home.

Post # 24
2344 posts
Buzzing bee

Wow, I feel very behind now! 🙁 Haven’t booked anything but looking at evening reception locations in a couple weeks! 🙂

Post # 25
134 posts
Blushing bee

Daniellemybelle – Don’t worry about it too much! I think everyone is different in how they plan, plus different parts of the country have different levels of supply and demand. For me, booking the ceremony right away was really important because we’re getting married at a service academy chapel and those spots fill up fast. Then once we identified our possible reception spot I didn’t want anyone to snag it up! But you have plenty of time for everything – people often plan weddings in 6 months or less!

Post # 26
90 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

My wedding date has changed from June 19th to the 26th 2010…..since I last posted I have booked a ceremony venu and a reception venu. The reception venu requires that the caterer be finalized within 30 days of booking the venu. I need to get busy lol. I have the bridesmaid dresses purchased, my table decorations in progress and our wedding scrapbook/guest book.

I feel like I have had the most productive two weeks ever.

Post # 28
410 posts
Helper bee

Well we are planning on getting married in June of 2010, but that may change…for now we will pertend that its set…hehe

-We have found a venue for the wedding are reception(just waiting on family reunion dates and such to be announced so we can set the wedding)long story

-I have my dress

-We have some of the decortions(poms, archway)

-Centerpeces ideas are done and bowls are bought for them

-DJ is booked(yes I know we dont have a date, the DJ is a freind of ours and this is his gift and his profession)

-officient is set(again, a freind of ours who love preforming weddings for free!)

-stationary bought ideas are a work in progress

I think that is it…..

Post # 29
20 posts
Newbee

June 5th, 2010 Chicago wedding here…WOW I am behind!

I have

1. Reserved the church
  2. Picked out bridal party, have not asked them though
  3. Purchased cards to ask the bridesmaids with
  4. THINK I’ve narrowed down the colors
  5. Emailed 1 photo vendor and 2 photobook vendors
  6. Feel in love with a venue. Meeting with them next Saturday to hopefully book (assuming they can work on menu and price)
  7. Narrowed down what style of bm dress I’m leaning towards
  8. Ohh I have the champagne flutes since I got them as an engagement gift!

Geez, reading over it I really haven’t done much! Must getting going on that!

Post # 30
80 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Well, I’m a July 2010 bride, but can I play?! 

I have my ceremony/reception venue booked, and my photographer booked.

Other than that, I’m going to chill out for a while on other stuff.  In Sept I’ll start trying on dresses and have my bridesmaids try on some dresses.  I’m trying to not do too much too early, because I feel like there are so many choices out there and so many decisions to make, I want to kind of soak in as much inspiration as possible and then pick from there.  I’m afraid that if I buy things/make things now, I will find something I like better closer to my date, and will have wasted the money/time on the stuff I did early on.

Post # 31
2344 posts
Buzzing bee

DowntownGirl, you are not behind! I haven’t reserved or bought a single thing! Here’s what I’ve done:

1. Picked out colors (deep purple, lavender, & apple green)
  2. Got a clear vision for the day, with lots of details already planned
  3. Selected  wedding party (most of them know)
  4. Lots of preliminary phone calls & emails to 2nd reception venues / photographers / caterers
  5. We already know who will be doing our ceremony music & officiating the wedding

This weekend my mom, Fiance and I are going to check out venues for our after party (dancing & hor’s d’eourves)! I am REALLY hoping we find The One! It would so nice to add that to the list of "done’s"!

What was the most pressing thing for you bees to get done? For me, I am paralyzed in fear that the "best" of pretty much everything will get snapped up, but my priority order goes like this: after party venue, photographer, DJ, caterer, rentals

Since the ceremony & reception will be in the morning, I am not as worried about getting vendors for those, because I think it is more popular to have weddings in the evening. That’s why I’m focusing a lot of energy on the things that will go into the evening – the after party venue, the photographer, and the DJ.

The topic ‘So what doyou have done so far….June 2010 Brides!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors