(Closed) So what doyou have done so far….June 2010 Brides!!

posted 11 years ago in June 2010
Post # 47
119 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Oye I feel like I’m so behind!

June 6, 2010

Venue booked including catering

Bridesmaids dresses picked out

Flower girls and ring bearers have been asked

Grooms tux picked out an reserved

Grooms men’s tuxepicked out and reserved

Bridesmaids bouquets, Boutineers, and brides bouquet all planned and ordered.

Hopefully I’m going to start looking for my dress within the next two weeks. We’re going to wait until December for the Flowergirls dresses bc they’re both only 2 so they’ll definately grow in 6 months.

Post # 48
1955 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Tannery Pond at the Darrow School

yikes, i might have a panic attack after reading these, I’m nowhere NEAR where the majority of these very-together June brides are, eeeek! Guess I better get my act together but it’s really hard to find vendors I like, having a lot of trouble finding a caterer and entertainment…hmmm:

Venue/Reception site (same place) booked

Photographer booked

Dress bought (needs alterations)

aaaaaaand, thats about it. crap.

Post # 49
64 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

runrgurl – I’m with you . . . venue/reception, photographer, and dress.  That’s it. 

I’m not really stressing, because I feel like the big things are done.  The other things (invitations, flowers, bridesmaid dresses, etc) can be chosen later.  The problem with that is that I’m collecting way too much inspiration! 

Post # 50
5 posts
Newbee

June 11, 2010

Lets see….So far we have:

– Ceremony/Reception Site Booked.

– DJ, Videographer both booked.

– I started to buy the flip flops I will have out by the dance floor..I made cute little size tags that will be tied to each pair w. a ribbon.

–  I have all the suplies ready & abt 10 out of 100 of the "Ribbons Shakers" I am making..(instead of   bubbles and things like that.)

–  I have gathered all the pictures that will be used for out table numbers..We are doing little pictures of us at the age of the table number.  

– I have a dress that I got at running of the brides, but I am having a change of heart so i think I will be selling it soon.  It was beautiful….just not what I wanted I guess.

–  All of my bridesmaids have their dresses….and my niece has her flower girl dress.

We have only met with one florist & tons of photographers but haven’t made a choice…we need to find a cake too & an officiant to marry us! 

Post # 51
94 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

June 5, 2010 here

So far, we just worked on the bookings. We have the ceremony/reception venue, photographer, DJ, officiant, hair & make up, DOC and my dress. We’ve also narrowed down the florists but haven’t signed anything yet. I think that takes care of the major bookings. yay!

Post # 52
6659 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2010

Church, Reception site, Photographer, Band, Florist and Decor provider (will obviously make changes as it gets closer), Bmaids dresses picked out (but not purchased).

I went on a rampage about two weeks ago and did all this.

I still do not have my dress!! I’m going to do a post soon with a recent one I tried on for opinions.

AAH – Clover what jcrew dresses are you using?? Mine are wearing the silk chiffon Sophia in Navy.

Post # 53
950 posts
Busy bee

Hey there June 2010 Brides!

You ladies sound so on top of it!  I’m taking on a bit of double duty: we’re having two ceremonies & two receptions in one weekend (one will be a vow renewal in an outdoor setting – he just couldn’t let go of his vision of an outdoor wedding)! 

We’ve got our Catholic ceremony site & officiant (but none of our reception details), our outdoor ceremony site, reception site, & outdoor wedding planner (whew! what a relief she’ll be!). 

We’ve completed our FOCCUS survey, our Pre-Cana, nearly all our required church docs (just need that new Baptismal certificate – why do they need an updated one anyway?)& couple interview. 

I’ve asked my Maid/Matron of Honor & mother of my Flower Girl, & he’s asked his Bridesmaid or Best Man, so our wedding party is complete.  

But that’s it!  I’d love to "hear" what you ladies are coming up with for your invites, gifts, flowers, themes, cakes, everything!  

Less than a year to go!!

Post # 54
98 posts
Worker bee

My family has been teasing me about how intense I’m being about planning, but now that I read all of these posts, I feel super behind!! We have …

– booked our ceremony/reception venue

– booked our officient

– I’ve asked my BMs and they’ve all said yes and bought their dresses (gotta get those summer dresses while it’s still summer right?)

– picked out a color scheme

– booked our invitations designer (should have some proofs next week!!!)

– booked our photographer

– mentally booked our DOC (my FI’s uncle … he’s an event coordinator and has been begging us to be involved … we haven’t verbally confirmed this, but we all kinda know)

– bought my wedding shoes ( … yeah I don’t have a dress yet … but these shoes are awesome and were only $35, so if they don’t work, I won’t be sad)

I think that’s all the stuff I can officially check off. I’m having a major mental block about the catering … We’ve visited three so far and none of them have been what we want. I’m doing my own centerpieces and have done some trials of those and bought the bowls we will use. I’ve been shopping for my dress once. … I’ve got a ways to go …  🙂

Post # 55
150 posts
Blushing bee

Wow, congrats to everyone for getting so much done! We’ve chosen our venue and photographer. I bought my dress and I have our wedding colors set. Other than that, it’s just lots of brainstorming and wishing. 🙂

Post # 56
2344 posts
Buzzing bee

So I’ve made a bunch of progress, but there is still lots more to do!

As of a month ago, we had:

• Picked a venue (my childhood home!)
  • Picked out colors (deep purple, lavender, & apple green)
  • Got a clear vision for the day, with lots of details already planned
  • Selected  wedding party (most of them know)
  • We already know who will be doing our ceremony music & officiating the wedding
  • Booked a fabulous photographer! http://andreahallgrenphotography.com
  • Reserved (no deposit) our after party location

Now, we have:

• Met with the florist and made plans for flowers
  • Picked a caterer and menu
  • Bought lots of supplies, like the photo booth backdrop and vases for centerpieces
  • Started trying on dresses (I said I was waiting for the e-ring, but oh well!)

So now, the big thing is ATTIRE. We know what kind of tux we want, and a shop here that has it. But we don’t have bridesmaids or flower girl or anything like that picked. Oh, and we need to get a DJ for our after party!

Post # 57
545 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

OMG I feel so behind! So far we only have the venue, and I am in the middle of narrowing down the color.  Yikes!

Post # 58
42 posts
Newbee

Well, I think I’m going to be a June 2010 bride (!), as we’re now leaning toward June 5 rather than May 22…but this also tells you that I am definitely not that far along with planning!

So far, we have a guest list, have looked at several venues, and have preferences on using stations for the food rather than sit-down meal (we will likely do salad served and coffee/dessert served).  I’ve also started looking at gowns online and bought one bridal magazine.

Reading your posts inspires me and we’re getting more momentum now. We’re not planning to have a bridal party, so I’m off the hook with decisions regarding that. For the ceremony, we know we’ll have it at the same venue as reception, but we’re not sure yet whether we’ll have an officiant or a friend do the ceremony; if the latter, we’ll have to marry before our "ceremony" because NY state does not recognize friends/family ordained as other states do…bummer.

I don’t know about you ladies, but I feel like the venue is going to shape a number of decisions, such as the kind of flowers we use and the color(s). 

Post # 59
4464 posts
Honey bee

Oh gosh, I’m SO far behind you guys!

We have…

-wedding party picked out (16 in all)

-bridal party colors picked (watermelon from David’s)

-reception colors picked (bright pink, grass green, and brown)

-reception venue picked

-ceremony location picked

-we have the officiant that we want, but we’re being held in limbo by the bishop to be approved for an outdoor Catholic wedding

-flower ideas that we want (gerbera daisies)

-my dress picked

And that’s it!  I need to get on the ball, it appears!

Post # 60
1 posts
Wannabee

wow!!! i feel super behind… oh well. lets see…. what do i have

– site picked out. need to confirm and hold date.

– colors have been picked out for years

– wedding party knows

– 1 veil (thnx mom! old… check!)

– earrings (borrowed… check!)

– my ring (blue… check!)

– photographer

– a friend offered to do the flowers

– invitations in mind but not bought

i have a dress in mind but with a 6k budget, a $1400 dress is kinda out of the question… so still looking for that.

so here we go!!!!

Post # 61
235 posts
Helper bee

June 5, 2010 🙂

Hey June Bees!!

Let’s see… here’s some stuff that’s been crossed off the list:

– bought dress

– purchased wedding bands

– picked out & bridesmaids have ordered dresses

– booked ceremony & reception venue – they’re @ the same place

– working on timeline

– booked photographer

– booked videographer

– bought & working on DIY guestbook

– working on wedding website

– bought materials for DIY cardbox

– scheduled trial for first make-up artist & hair styler

– chose cake maker

– book block of rooms for guests

– booked shuttle for night of wedding (after)

– bought favors

– took engagement pictures

– drafting design for save-the-dates

– chose & met with officiant

– met w/ florist & decorator

– bought vases for headtable decor

I’ve got a folder w/ wedding stuff that I work on little-by-little everyday. We don’t want to feel overwhelmed, so we’re trying to spread things out…

Happy planning everyone!!

The topic ‘So what doyou have done so far….June 2010 Brides!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors