1. Current food obsessions – Red lentil dal, mushrooms, kale and vegenaise.
2. Current food you usually like but have gone off of – Crisps (chips), bread, smoothies (mainly because of the weather) and fizzy drinks.
3. Current fave TV show? I haven’t had time to watch much. The only thing I’ve seen recently is The Assasination of Gianni Versace.
4. What song have you listened to the most this week? Put your records on by Corinne Bailey Rae.
5. Current book you’re reading or last book you’ve read? I’m just about to finish Earthsearch by James Follett (which is nowhere near as good as the radio series), and next on the list is A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab.
6. Are you in your spring clothes yet or still in winter gear? What are your ‘go to’ pieces? This past weekend is the first non-winter weather we’ve had, so my wardrobe has mostly consisted of cosy jumpers (sweaters), dark jeans and faux leather boots.
7. Which folder have you been most active on recently on the Bee? I just scroll down the main page and see what looks interesting.
8. Which wedding trend are you liking? Minimal makeup, small weddings, no wedding party, and actually decent vegan menu options.
9. Name something you’re looking forward to – Finishing my degree in july, graduating in september, and moving in with my SO again.
10. Did you make New Year’s Resolutions? If so, did you keep any/all of them? Care to share details? I don’t make resolutions per se, but I do look at each area of my life, and make a plan for the developements or changes I want to make. My plan for this year is as follows:
Family and Friends – Keep in better contact with loved ones – I have been sending handwritten letters to family and friends, and I have visited my parents twice as frequently as I did last year.
Personal Developement – Continue to develope self-love/acceptance, and participate in more acts of self-care – This has been going well, though the self-care has been a little more difficult over the past month due to my workload.
Spirituality – Meditate daily and do yoga 2x per week – I have been consistant with the meditation, but not so great with the yoga.
Finances – Pay off my student overdraft, and save for after graduation – I am on track with doing this.
Relationship – Maintain strong relationship over the last few months of long-distance, and make solid plans for after graduation – We are moving back in together in september, and have discussed timelines re: engagement. Our relationship remains healthy, strong and enjoyable.
Hobbies – Get back into reading, and keep up with bullet journal – I have read 12 books so far this year, which is more than I read for the entirety of 2017. I have also maintained my bullet journal, and have found it both fun and helpful.
Contribution – Reduce plastic waste and food waste – I have stopped buying plastic packaged goods where possible. I have switched to a reusable water bottle, a safety razor, cloth shopping bags and I carry a travel set of cutlery in my bag so I won’t use disposable ones. I have done more meal planning and batch cooking to reduce my food waste, which has had the added benefit of saving money.
University and Career – Graduate with at least a 2:1. Find a job in the desired area of my field – I’m on track to graduate with a first class degree. I still need to apply for jobs, which I plan to do next month.
Physical Environment – Declutter and be intentional with purchases – I have not done this as much as I would like. I still make too many impulsive purchases for my liking. I have just made a log in my bullet journal where I will write down items I want to purchase, and I will then have to wait 30 days before I let myself buy it. This will hopefully help me to reduce unneccessary purchases that end up being clutter.
Health and Fitness – Improve diet, increase exercise and lose some excess fat healthily – My diet has been pretty good (about 80% healthy, 20% unhealthy), my exercise levels have been absolutely atrocious. I have managed to lose 8lbs so far this year.