Post # 1
Just for fun!
1) Mine was when I was in Walmart and was comparing the fiber content of my Poptarts (I went with the wheat ones – 5 grams wooh!)
2) Also I turned down some chocolate cakebatter icecream because it was “too rich” for me D:
Post # 3
1) When I realized I couldn’t have more than 3 vodka tonics without feeling like hell the next day.
2) When I started going to bed at 10pm so I could get up and feel well rested for work. I never used to care about being well rested.
Post # 4
What are you talking about? I refuse to ever feel grown up! Because then comes the feeling on being old… and I don’t want that.
Post # 5
When we signed our mortgage papers 5 years ago.
I’m all Growns Up! Hehe.
Post # 6
Thats what I said! XD but here I am nomming on my bland oatmeal and apple breakfast mmm
Post # 7
I realized i was a grown up when i was over excited about buying a new vaccuum.
Post # 8
lol oh that realization keeps tricking in…
– when i signed the papers on our house— and with a BOY (fi, lol)
– when i bought a car all by myself (actually without telling fi, oops)
– when i did a literal happy-dance after i found out how awesome my insurance is going to be when i get married.
Post # 9
I still don’t feel like a grown up! Haha!
Post # 10
When I realized that adults:
-sleep on real mattresses that don’t give them back problems
-don’t hit up their friends to help them move
Post # 11
-When I realized how much I love buying cleaning supplies.
-When I started thinking going out to dinner at 9:00 was ‘really late’
-When I realized I had no idea who Jonas Brothers/Demi Lovato/Selena Gomez/all the current Disney kids are
Post # 12
when the bills kept arriving in the mail . .. and they were in my name
When 10:30 suddenly sounded so late to stay up
when my hairstylist suggested a little “color” to cover the grays. . . I’m only 23, FML
Post # 13
– when I wanted to study in college instead of party
– when I worked two jobs after moving to DC in order to save up more for a condo – I had no life for a while and was fine with it
– when I comparison shop
– Going to be early and no longer being able to sleep in
– when I no longer take political debates/elections personally. My Fiance takes the outcome of elections and all political debate personally, and I can shrug it off.
What I don’t have that is also a grown up sign:
– Not having a home full of Ikea furniture
Post # 14
When I had to pay my first mortgage payment. Though I’ve still never bought my own car (my parents have given me their car on a very extended loan) so that’ll be another “whoa” moment.
Post # 15
I have moments when it hits me that I am grown up, but then I remind myself that I thought I was grown up 10 years ago too!
Post # 16
THe morning where i was brushing my teeth, decided my bathroom was too filthy and I couldn’t live like this any more, and was weilding the toilet brush while attempting to wipe down the sink, still holding my tooth brush in my mouth. And I paused, having the epiphany that my mother would totally be laughing if she saw me now, considering the whining complaints i used to make about how no one cared what your toilet looked like anyways.