Post # 1
So, since we are all waiting for the day to come that we can officially plan our weddings…without having to hide it from our SO’s, I figured we could share it with each other on here!
What kind of wedding are you wanting to have?
I’ll go first:
I have already talked to my SO about some of our wedding plans here and there over the past few years, so a few things are already decided.
I do know we will have a wedding party of 24 (12 each side).
Colors: Black & Maroon or Navy…SO does get some choice in this, so that is why the second color hasn’t been picked.
Bridesmaids: I want my bridesmaids to wear black dresses…little black dresses. Having been in 8 weddings within the last 3 years, I know how it feels to have a dress that you can’t wear after the wedding (I have 8 of them!). I do want my ladies to pick out a little black dress, something knee length or tea length that they would like to wear. I want them to flatter their bodies and something that they would wear after the wedding. Everyone needs a little black dress!
Flowers: I want to carry Calla Lilies…as for bridesmaids…I don’t know if I want them to carry the same thing or not. Possibly the same, but having them dyed to maroon or navy.
I want a dress that has lace on it, with a beautiful back.
SO refuses to have ‘Celebration’, ‘Electric Slide’ and ‘We Are Family’ played at our reception. hahaha. He hates those songs.
So anyone else want to share their dream wedding?
Post # 3
Wow. You have the dream planned. I wish I was as creative as you. The little black dress is a brilliant idea. You’re totally right, one of the few dresses you can ACTUALLY wear later. My (incomplete, off the cuff) dream I suppose would be:
1. Dress – In the style of a classic evening red-carpet dress that happens to be white. I don’t need glitter, poof, or trains. Actually, trains and bustles will be forbidden.
2. I’ve gotten into my head just in the last 24 hrs that it would be really beautiful to get married in my SO’s parents’ backyard in Philly. They live in a suburb that looks out to some land and, ironically, it has an arch that leads to the backyard. Fate perhaps? 🙂
3. In my DREAM, we’d rent out the floor to a Steven Star restaurant and wine and dine over gourmet paired courses. In my “cross my fingers” plan we’d still get a private room at a Steven Starr joint. In reality, we’ll probably just end up finding a non Steven Starr restaurant we love and rock it gourmet style in a private room.
Post # 4
wow. yes. mine is very incomplete:
- Very small (20 people)
- I fly my family out
- that’s as far as I have it…
Post # 5
@claireos: I totally love the idea of an outdoor wedding! I think the arch is totally fate! haha!
: I wish I could have a small wedding, but that would only mean our wedding party would be there! haha! We have way too many siblings and super close friends and we can’t seem to narrow the list down!
Post # 6
In terms of my dream wedding – I would love a simple, backyard wedding with lots of fairy lights. But my boy isnt that keen on those weddings, so in reality it will be in a function centre somewhere!
Post # 7
My dream wedding is gettig married on a beach in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. I would love to have our closest forty family and friends to join us for a three day wedding celebration. I just hope my SO agrees as long as the price is right it’s a good chance. I’m hoping to find out sometime next year if it’s a go.
Post # 9
@Vegan: SO and I just got back from Playa Nov 18th, it was amazing. The beach there is sooooo perfect for a wedding!!! 🙂 Very affordable too!
Loving this thread btw…
So I guess I’ll share some of my details:
• My bridesmaids will definitely be in black dresses. I think the contrast with the white wedding gown makes the pictures look amazing.
• Our wedding party will be around 12, 6 each give or take.
•I like roses and exotic lillies
• Aside from black our other color will either be a bright fuschia pink or blood red.
• since we’re talking dream wedding, our dream location would be Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia since we’re both huge Phillies fans. In reality we’re still aiming for somewhere in Philly.
• My dream dress is Pergola by Pronovias. The moment we’re engaged I’m trying it on and if I love it it shall be mine! 😉
Thats all I’ve got at the moment… 🙂
Post # 10
I think SO & I are probably going to go for a very romantic look when we get married. Years ago I said I’d want my colours to be ivory, pink, and gold and BF agreed that sounds good (keep in mind he was an 18 year old boy when he agreed to this, so I caught a good one!).
We’re probably going to have a small wedding party… my sister as Maid/Matron of Honor, his sisters as bridesmaids, and an equally small group on his side. If I had to guess, he’d have his cousin as best man.
I want a lace dress and fit-n-flare is my favourite silhouette at the moment. I want a train and a cathedral veil, but he isn’t a fan of either. We’ll see when the time comes, for all I know I’ll hate them both too.
For flowers, probably roses, carnations, and maybe lilies and/or peonies.
And, of course, we will preferably have lots good food and alcohol. I want a big celebration (even though there probably won’t be too many people), especially if I’m waiting six years haha.
Post # 11
I don’t have a complete dream wedding, just bits and pieces of one. I want it small. I want either no bridesmaids or just my two sisters as moh and bridesmaid. I might wear my grandmother’s wedding dress. Colors would be royal blue and winter white. Date would be December 15 of whatever year this ends up happening. That’s it really.
Post # 12
We will have 2 weddings becaue we are a multi national couple. I want to have a beach or close to water ceremony and a small celebration in his country and then 2 months after that I want to have a bigger reception in my country. I will have a videographer and a photographer at the first wedding so we will be able to show a short movie and photo slide at the second one 😀 I NEED these things!!! I will not let anyone reject my idea!!! Really though, my main thing is photography. If I don’t get beautiful photography of my wedding then I don’t care to have a wedding at all!!!
I will have 2 dresses or maybe end up with 3.
Colors will be white/gold/silver I think. Light blue and coral would be nice too. Hmmm…
I want lots of candles as a centerpiece becaue it will make reception decoration cheaper than having lots of fresh flowers AND it’s pretty.
I am collecting songs and song ideas already too.
Post # 13
all know is that i want a small outdoor ceremony with myself all done up in lace and the man of my dreams giving me that adorable smile he always has on his face whenever we’re alone together.