(Closed) Social Security card receipt

posted 7 years ago in Names
Post # 3
682 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

I didn’t even need my social security card when I went to the DMV. The social security office told me that it would be changed in the system within 24 hours and then I could go to the DMV to change my license. At the DMV I just needed my marriage certificate and they had me fill out a form. 

Post # 5
1006 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I think you just need your marriage certificate to change your name for most things.

Post # 6
1165 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I took my marriage certificate and the receipt from Social Security to DMV and it was a piece of cake.  I’m not sure if they needed both or not, I just handed them both to the guy and it was take care of.

Post # 8
1944 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

Took the receipt to the DMV bc they needed it and that’s the purpose of the receipt. Not all DMV are the same and most require this to get your licensce changed.

Post # 9
67 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

The receipt doesn’t work anywhere, in my experience, but the DMV just needed my certificate and then everywhere else just needed the new license. One credit card didn’t need anything, just me emailing them and they sent a new card with the new name in a day. The other one wants me to mail in the original certificate and a load of other stuff. I was thinking of closing that account, anyway, so they just pushed me into it.

Social Security spelled my name wrong on the card, so now I have to straighten that out. Yay, more time off work!

The topic ‘Social Security card receipt’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors