• poll: 7.5mm or 8mm for size 7 finger, sol387

7.5mm

8mm

• Post # 2
    364 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2020

View original reply
    librarybeenc :  8mm would be about 1.65 carat which will give you excellent coverage. I don’t think you’ll regret a slightly larger size.

Bezel girls unite! Half carat G, VVS1 on my 5.5 kid hands ๐Ÿ˜…

Post # 3
    1453 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: Shreveport, LA

I voted 8mm, I’m a size 7 and have an 8mm asscher cut and think it’s great coverage. Here’s a pic for reference:

Cant wait to see your ring when you get it!

Post # 6
    129 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: April 2020

I’m a size 7 and mine is a 1.5 carat round.

Post # 9
    364 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2020

View original reply
    librarybeenc :  When choosing our diamond and setting, they said it should have a slightly larger girdle, and that meant it would be very safe and there would be very little coverage of the diamond on crown-angle. Here is an illustration.

On the other hand, if a diamond has a very, very narrow girldle, it is also recommended to use a bezel setting. It would ultimately cover more of crown-angle, but would be best protected. Bezel also is excellent if there are any inclusions on the side that a prong wouldn’t cover.

We had an excellent jewelery consultant. Sorry for info overlaod! ๐Ÿคช

Post # 11
    13 posts
    Newbee

I’d say go bigger if you can. Rings tend to “shrink” after wearing them for a few days. Haha. I was worried mine would seem too big but I’m so glad I went a little bigger now. Center stone is 1.75 ct oval (9.57mmx 6.69mm) with half moons and shields as side stones. (Band has 5 ovals)

Post # 14
    81 posts
    Worker bee

I voted 7.5. The bezel setting will not take away from the stone. In fact, it will magnify its size. I used to have an 8 mm solitaire in a bezel, and that thing looked like 3 carats. I never got comfortable with how big it was.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors