(Closed) Some real & some fake?

posted 8 years ago in Flowers
Post # 3
1245 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

We ar going to do that. We’re going to try to do a half and half, but we’ll have more real than fake, because our centerpieces are going to be house plants with flowers. Probably some succulents and flowers. Then have some of the other decor be fake 

Post # 4
1246 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

our centerpieces will be real and our bouquets/bouts are silk!

Post # 5
2404 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

i never thought about this!! what a great idea 😀

Post # 6
1194 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I think that’s fine as long as you don’t mix them anywhere.  I especially think it’s good for the small touches like the bouts and pomadors, people are less likely to look closely as those pieces anways.

Post # 7
326 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

We’re doing a combo, but reversed. ^_^ We’re doing crepe paper flowers for the bouquets to accommodate my allergy-ridden bridesmaid, but real flowers for the bouts and centerpieces (all low-pollen). AND for our pew decorations we’re doing ribbons with fabric rosettes (a bee did a post on the idea ages ago but I don’t remember who). So. We’re very mixed media.

My mom and my Future Mother-In-Law are a little horrified that my bouquet won’t be real, but it is seriously so low on my list of priorities that it doesn’t bother me at all. The general look and feel of the details will be consistent even with the different types of flowers and materials and I really think that’s what matters. I think DIY silk pomanders would look great and not ruin your overall look.

Post # 8
64 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

My florist suggested this for us too- just to save some money. Bouquets will be real, but centerpieces will be mixed. I’m kinda worried how the centerpieces will look with half & half- but we’re not having a big seated dinner- so I’m hoping it won’t stand out too bad.

Post # 9
257 posts
Helper bee

I have never considered using fake flowers. but try not to use them for anything the guests will come into contact with (centerpieces, guest book, etc…). I went to ta wedding with fake flowers and thats one of the things i remember about their wedding. FAKE FLOWERS. but for boquets and stuff im sure no one will really notice. Be sure to check out the prices though, sometiems buying all the supplies and such could cost as much as hiring a florist.

The topic ‘Some real & some fake?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors