(Closed) Some thieving JERK stole $2678 from my damn bank account!!!

posted 7 years ago in Money
Post # 3
3254 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

That is so frustrating. I would think they would have a way to track the specific person if they made multiple purchases using your information…  are they looking into it?

Post # 5
1529 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

I feel for you, this happened to me about a year ago, someone bought airline tickets, charging my account over $2000. I am happy that the bank credited ur account right away. I was not that lucky it took about a month for me to get the money.

Post # 6
Hostess
18637 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

That is so frustrating.  I wouldn’t expect them to do anything about it.  Four of my cards were stolen on Thanksgiving a few years ago and the jerks went to Walmart and tried to use 3 of them in the same checkout (2 were denied and my bank card finally went through).  It took over a month to get the money back in my bank account.  I never heard from the police again except when I called them because I found out my dad’s card was stolen too.

Post # 7
1747 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

There is a new article in Consumer Reports June 2011 issue about scammers and the way they obtain credit card numbers and pins. I think it’s a must read for everyone.

Here’s another article that gives some tips. The US is pretty behind with protective credit card technology and a lot of people are relying more on debit cards these days. Be careful ladies. Some of these scammers are using “skimmers” that they attach to certain machines and then quickly making fake cards and draining bank accounts like OP.

Here’s the helpful article:

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/money/credit-loan/debit-cards/debit-card-scams/overview/debit-card-scams.htm

Post # 8
10287 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

They got me too. Much less than you but still. It fucking sucks. 

ETA: By “they” I mean thieves in general. My douchebag apparently lives in Germany. 

Post # 9
3254 posts
Sugar bee

Wow, that’s ridiculous… I hope everything works out for all of you this has happened to!!

Post # 10
3166 posts
Sugar bee

sonsabitches. i’m sorry to all! 🙁

The topic ‘Some thieving JERK stole $2678 from my damn bank account!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors